McAfee is Flagging Realcent

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

McAfee is Flagging Realcent

Postby Thogey » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:26 am

I have to "accept the risk" through a Mcafee red warning screen to jump to " new posts" page
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: McAfee is Flagging Realcent

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:20 am

Happened to me too. :thumbdown:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:57 am

that oughta help boost site traffic :thumbdown:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:27 am

same here.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 am

McAfee doesn't seem to like the search.php script, but that file has not been modified since the last phpBB update. The site report says the page is categorized as high risk for malicious downloads, but then shows no malicious downloads for the page :? I sent an email to McAfee/SiteAdvisor as per their instructions, hopefully they read it...
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:41 am

I also submitted cases to SiteAdvisor and TrustedSource. I got a bounce notice for the SiteAdvisor case...the email address their contact form goes to doesn't exist. I tried to register an account with SiteAdvisor but it won't send me the activation email. I had to resubmit the TrustedSource case because their form page timed out. What a joke :roll:

I ran several website scans that all came up empty. I am finding a LOT of complaints about false positives and negatives with this product. There's even a Wikipedia section:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McAfee_Si ... #Criticism
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:44 am

I just got the McAfee warning tonight for the first time. I log in every day. I wonder why I didn't get it sooner.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts