New [fitimg] Button to Post Images

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

New [fitimg] Button to Post Images

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:47 pm

If you want to post an image that is too wide to fully display on the forum, you can now use the [fitimg] tag instead of the [img] tag. [fitimg] will size the image to 100% of the available width in the post or message. The available width depends on the size of your browser window, so the image will grow or shrink if you make the window bigger or smaller (or turn your mobile device sideways).

Our tag works a little differently than BullionStacker's [fitimg] tag behind the scenes, but you can copy and paste from one forum to the other and it will work in both places.

Use the new fitimg button just like you currently use the img button, pasting the url of the picture between the opening and closing tags.

So this:
Code: Select all
[fitimg]http://realcent.org/images/pennystacksclear.gif[/fitimg]

Does this:

The [fitimg] button will only shrink an image if needed, and will not stretch an image beyond its native size, so there is no downside to using it :thumbup:
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Re: New [fitimg] Button to Post Images

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Where is the fitimg button?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: New [fitimg] Button to Post Images

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Guess it helps if I turn it on :shifty:

It's now between font color and googlevideo.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts