User sushobco_php1 already has more than 'max_user_connect.

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

User sushobco_php1 already has more than 'max_user_connect.

Postby Country » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:12 pm

I've been getting this SQL lockout error more and more. Why is the server getting overloaded? Certainly, there are not that many users simultaneously making server requests. Could the periodic BOTs be maximizing system resources? I'd be interested to know if anyone has followed up on this persistent problem.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: User sushobco_php1 already has more than 'max_user_conne

Postby PennyPauper » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:37 pm

I just noticed the google bot was here,was curious too as how many users were here(20) after getting the error a few times.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

This has already been posted several times and I am well aware of the problem.

There can only be 15 simultaneous connections to the forum database. This shouldn't be an issue, as most connections only last for a fraction of a second while posts are retrieved to generate a page. That means 15 people would have to load a page at the exact same time to cause a problem. Unfortunately some processes are taking much longer than they should. I thought I fixed the issue when I changed the way search terms are indexed to speed up searches (searches seemed to be the slowest process), and all seemed well for a couple days, but that obviously that wasn't the whole solution.

I am still analyzing the slow SQL processes to figure out what needs to be changed. There is also an update available for the forum software that I will be installing as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby PreservingThePast » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:02 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:This has already been posted several times and I am well aware of the problem.

There can only be 15 simultaneous connections to the forum database. This shouldn't be an issue, as most connections only last for a fraction of a second while posts are retrieved to generate a page. That means 15 people would have to load a page at the exact same time to cause a problem. Unfortunately some processes are taking much longer than they should. I thought I fixed the issue when I changed the way search terms are indexed to speed up searches (searches seemed to be the slowest process), and all seemed well for a couple days, but that obviously that wasn't the whole solution.

I am still analyzing the slow SQL processes to figure out what needs to be changed. There is also an update available for the forum software that I will be installing as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

Hello TPTB:

Appreciate your hard work and dedication to keeping this site running smoothly. Just wanted to let you know that the above referenced error is happening quite frequently again. Today, several times AND I was the only member and zero guests in the topic I was wanting to navigate about. I would normally blame my slow dial-up; HOWEVER, it is also occuring on my cell phone (smart phone) when I try to view Realcent.

Thanks again for your assistance and I am bringing this up in case you had made the adjustments/updates thinking that stopped all problems.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts