Report Bugs Here

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm having some trouble with the auto-login now myself, I'll look into it.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby uthminsta » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Yep me too. But I've gotten and received PMs. And I even got an email saying I had a PM. That's good to know those two things are working.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:51 am

slickeast wrote:Avatar is limited to 100 X 100. The max yesterday was 180. I see that once I tried to change mine, I had to change it to 100 X 100 for the Clemson Paw to work. I see others still have the bigger size.

Is everyones going to go to 100 X 100?

The board started with no aviators. When I set them up I had to pick a size. I started with a range of 90x90 to 180x180. However when some people uploaded it became obvious that 180 was just too big making short posts take up too much space. There was even a complaint. I changed it to 100x100 which seems like a pretty good size - bigger than before but not too big. It is a global setting that seems to grandfather people who uploaded under the old setting. If the few with large sized images don't modify on their own, we can fix it later.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:57 pm

"View New Posts"

Do we have the option to view new posts by time period: last 1 hour, last 2 hours, last 6 hours, last 12 hours, etc. ?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:02 pm

I believe "View New Posts" shows everything that is new since your last session. There is also an Active Topics option, which I think will show recent threads with lots of replies regardless of whether or not it is "new" since your last visit. I don't see an option for a specific short-term time period, but it might be something I can work on eventually.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Country » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:I believe "View New Posts" shows everything that is new since your last session. There is also an Active Topics option, which I think will show recent threads with lots of replies regardless of whether or not it is "new" since your last visit. I don't see an option for a specific short-term time period, but it might be something I can work on eventually.

Thanks... We have this option on the old realcent site. Actually, it was tied to "Active Topics". I'd use the 12-hour option when I wanted to see what topics were active during the night. Also, I'd use the last hour option when I wanted to see just the most recent topics. It might not have gotton much use, but I used it. :)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby JadeDragon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:53 am

Go to User Control Panel - Board Preferences - Edit Display Options to gain some control over what recent topics show.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:03 am

Navigating this place will take some getting used to.... I keep missing topics/posts. The active topics are always active it seems. I click active topics and topics that have no new posts since I read them last are shown there.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:11 pm

NotABigDeal wrote:Navigating this place will take some getting used to.... I keep missing topics/posts. The active topics are always active it seems. I click active topics and topics that have no new posts since I read them last are shown there.

Deal

Try "New Posts" instead of "Active Topics"
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Corsair » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Is there any word on auto log-in yet?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Auto log on does not work

The colors of the different posts need to be more contrasting.

Has anyone looked at this site on a smart phone and compared it to the old site
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby lewbo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:33 pm

yeah, auto-login has not worked for me from the start.
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:17 pm

No problems auto-logging from the home PC. First time using the laptop here so not sure about it.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:19 pm

I just checked, no issues with the laptop either.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:33 pm

If you are still having problems with auto login, I'd suggest clearing your cookies to see if that helps. The original forum setting was to stay logged in for 0 days. I changed that when the problem was first reported, but if you have an old cookie it might still kick you out after "0 days."
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby JadeDragon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 pm

The Home button on the old forum now directs you to this forum. :D How cool is that?
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby toomuchcopper » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:51 am

On the old forum when you would use the active topics button it would show you everything new since your last visit and it would group them into the different catagories...such as copper investing, silver stuff, market area, etc. On this new system it seems to list them randomly or maybe by time of post or something.....Is there a way to catagorize them by there area. So if someone was just stopping in to check if there was any new action in a certain area they could quickly determine that. I am guessing there is a control that will allow the active topics and new posts to be sorted in several different ways. maybe...

Also, I agree with some posts elsewhere about the colors, I like a warmer browny/red scheme versus the blues.
everything else is working great, my autologgin is now working too
for more information on copper pennies and copper penny sorting go to
WWW.CRAZYCOINGUY.COM
toomuchcopper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:06 am

first problem ive had while going through posts this morning. tried to open the page for 30 seconds or so then brought up this error..

SQL ERROR [mysqli]

User sushobco_phpl already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page.

other than that the site has been running pretty smooth - no time out errors like the old site
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 am

toomuchcopper wrote:On the old forum when you would use the active topics button it would show you everything new since your last visit and it would group them into the different catagories...such as copper investing, silver stuff, market area, etc. On this new system it seems to list them randomly or maybe by time of post or something.....Is there a way to catagorize them by there area. So if someone was just stopping in to check if there was any new action in a certain area they could quickly determine that. I am guessing there is a control that will allow the active topics and new posts to be sorted in several different ways. maybe...

Also, I agree with some posts elsewhere about the colors, I like a warmer browny/red scheme versus the blues.
everything else is working great, my autologgin is now working too

Exactly what I was thinking. Too mixed up to follow. Now my auto-login didn't work today, hehe.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:44 pm

The old site had ranks to 1000 posts. This site now has some new ranks for those who spend too much time here. There are now ranks for:

Post Hoarder 2000+
Super Post Hoarder 3000+
and a special rank for those members who are soon to cross 4000 posts
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:00 pm

another question for those more technical than i...

when i click on a link in either a post or someones signature it takes me away from realcent to that site.

how do i get it to open a new window instead?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:08 pm

aloneibreak wrote:another question for those more technical than i...

when i click on a link in either a post or someones signature it takes me away from realcent to that site.

how do i get it to open a new window instead?

Right click instead of left click, and "Open in New Tab" (or "Open in New Window"). I'd prefer they did that automatically, I'll add that to my list of "see if you can change this..." things.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Is there a spell check feature here?

I think the size is 100x100.

Don't you want to see the young Cassius' face as he looks down on the defeated Liston in thier second fight?

Is there a spell check feature here?

?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Spell check is a function of your browser, not the forum software. Use Firefox, it has spell check built in. It will underline misspelled words with a red line just like Word.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks TPTB,

I'm a computer moron. But I think I figured it out. "ispell'

Thanks
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

PreviousNext

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts