Report Bugs Here

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Report Bugs Here

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:13 am

This forum is new and we need everyone to help us get it going properly. If you see anything that does not function the way you expect, please post it here for the team to look into. Thanks for the cooperation and let's make the new Realcent an even better place than the old Realcent.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Country » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:51 pm

A few problems....

(1) Old time Realcent users cannot send PMs. Is there a minimum number of posts that must be made on the new group until a member can post messages?

(2) Using the Control Panel, I tried to enter my location - "Virginia". I got back an error message, "Number you entered is not a valid ICQ number".

(3) I am locked out of the Tracking Thread. Permissions are not enabled for those of us who maintain tracking threads. New topics cannot be entered to continue our threads on the new realcent.org.

(4) I think we will loose continuity with the old realcent posts and threads.

(5) Long time Realcent members will be treated like new members on this new group, with restricted priviledges - 10 posts needed before you can do this or that.

(6) Long time Realcent members should retain their titles obtained on the old Realcent Group - 1000+ Penny Miser, etc. That way all members can know the new members from the old RealCent membership.

(7) Message size is limited to 60000 characters. While this does not present a problem for normal posts, the Tracking areas need the ability to go to 100,000 characters for the tracking coordinator's posts.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:46 pm

1. The settings currently allow anyone to send private messages. However, currently I can't figure out how to send a PM. On the list to fix (someone?)
2. Will check into that. Sounds weird
3. Now that you are a member Country I think I've set you up to be able to start tracking threads. Let me know if that works for you.
4. Some continuity will be lost - that is unavoidable. We could not export the data (one of the benefits here is we control the data)
5. I'm unclear what privileges are restricted, but from what I can tell there are currently limited restrictions on new members. We will tolerate a thread for just increasing your post count to get out of new member if this is an issue.
6. There are opportunities to manually change post count and status but starting fresh will give us a chance to catch Hoard, so it is not all bad.

You can start a new thread like this JadeDragon Feedback/Comments with a link back to your other feedback thread so people can see other people's comments too.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:16 pm

I have one post in "Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals" section. This is my test tracking post. No one has responded to this post.

I have deletion priviledges, but I am "forbidden" to delete posts in this section. Looks like those who wrote the post do NOT have priviledge to DELETE their own post.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Report Bugs Here

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 pm

I think that all members can PM each other. Please test and report any bugs. The new PM system has a lot more features than the old one had - like sending attachments, messaging more than one person etc. Have fun!

Country I can't see where the problem is on deleting threads - it should work. There are about 10 times the controls here as at forumco though. It must be in a setting somewhere.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Deletion capability seems to be enabled now. Thanks for all the work you're doing to get this site up and running.....
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby daviscfad » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:46 pm

everytime i leave the site it signs me out even if i have the box clicked to remember me
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

daviscfad wrote:everytime i leave the site it signs me out even if i have the box clicked to remember me

I got the same issue and doubly annoying as I'm going from front end to back end and back all the time. It is remembering my login, just not autologging me in.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:59 pm

JadeDragon wrote:
daviscfad wrote:everytime i leave the site it signs me out even if i have the box clicked to remember me

I got the same issue and doubly annoying as I'm going from front end to back end and back all the time. It is remembering my login, just not autologging me in.

Should be fixed.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby uthminsta » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:43 pm

don't know if this is a BUG but the maximum size for an avatar makes it rather spacious reading short posts. gotta do a lot of scrolling. is there maybe a happy medium between the size they were at forumco and the size they are now? wouldn't 100x100 be enough?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:49 pm

uthminsta wrote:don't know if this is a BUG but the maximum size for an avatar makes it rather spacious reading short posts. gotta do a lot of scrolling. is there maybe a happy medium between the size they were at forumco and the size they are now? wouldn't 100x100 be enough?

I'll try 100x100 and see how that looks.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby uthminsta » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:58 pm

The TRACKING THREADS forum doesn't have a NEW TOPIC option like the others.
uthminsta

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:04 am

Correct - sharp eyes. Only an Admin, a Mod or someone specially authorized (Country so far) can start a tracking thread. This was a rule before, now hard coded, to keep the tracking area clean. If you want to start a tracking thread to replace one from the other site, set it up this forum and someone will move it over.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby uthminsta » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:09 am

you mean you can actually move entire threads? i was just thinking about moving the top post at the old site to a new thread here.
uthminsta

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 am

I can move a thread on this site (or the other site) within the site between forums (from Buy it Now to Closed for example) but not between sites.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks for resolving all my problems. Everything is working for me right now. I even got me a new Half Cent Avatar (1793 Half Cent - my favorite coin ever).
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 am

The new avitars are throwing me off. country I guess is still at least a half cent....oh no.... a pun.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:14 am

Rodebaugh wrote:The new avitars are throwing me off. country I guess is still at least a half cent....oh no.... a pun.

I've been called a lot worse that a "half cent" . I love Half Cents - got any nice ones for sale. :)
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby PreservingThePast » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:00 am

JadeDragon wrote:I think that all members can PM each other. Please test and report any bugs. The new PM system has a lot more features than the old one had - like sending attachments, messaging more than one person etc. Have fun!

Country I can't see where the problem is on deleting threads - it should work. There are about 10 times the controls here as at forumco though. It must be in a setting somewhere.

I know it isn't, but the image I get in my mind is you sitting behind a huge control panel like a sound tech would use.

Thanks again to you and all the others involved in this massive undertaking.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 pm

The log in/log out thing is still a problem for me.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Avatar is limited to 100 X 100. The max yesterday was 180. I see that once I tried to change mine, I had to change it to 100 X 100 for the Clemson Paw to work. I see others still have the bigger size.

Is everyones going to go to 100 X 100?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Corsair » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Is the auto log-in working for everyone else? Maybe it's just my browser's cookie settings or something like that.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm

How do you post a UTUBE link?
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby lewbo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Auto-login is not working for me tonight.
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Country wrote:How do you post a UTUBE link?

I coded a YouTube button. Click the button and paste the video link between the tags, like this:

Code: Select all
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9jzUsTRuvY[/youtube]

And you get this:

ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Next

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts