Report Bugs Here

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:07 pm

There was a bug in my kitchen but I squashed it.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby daviscfad » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:53 pm

its still logging me out each time. I have deleted all my cookies. i dont accept 3rd party cookies but dont have any problems with other sites keeping my info
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby PreservingThePast » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:08 am

slickeast wrote:Auto log on does not work

The colors of the different posts need to be more contrasting.

Has anyone looked at this site on a smart phone and compared it to the old site

I am currently online making this post using my smart phone. So far I don't notice a difference from "original" site to this one.

I don't ever enable the auto log-in so I can't address that issue.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 am

it's not a bug but it should be known.
i edited a post and it does not show up as "edited by uthminsta at" or anything.
do TPTB want the edits to show like at the old site?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:32 am

URL links: When you click on a RealCent link, the link supercedes the RealCent source instead of coming up in its own popup window. A lot of times I'd read a link, kill it, and poof I couldn't get back to RealCent without starting over. I suggest that when there are clickable links within RealCent post text that a new window is created for each of them.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Corsair » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Whenever you want to click a link, just hold Control on the keyboard as you click the link. A new window will open up.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Corsair wrote:Whenever you want to click a link, just hold Control on the keyboard as you click the link. A new window will open up.

Thanks.... :D
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby MikeP2020 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Not really a bug, but I was wondering if the number of posts per page can be changed. We used to have 25 posts per page on the old site, now this site is set up for 10 posts per page. I think 25 worked well, it helps reduce the number of pages in a thread.
MikeP2020
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 pm

MikeP2020 wrote:Not really a bug, but I was wondering if the number of posts per page can be changed. We used to have 25 posts per page on the old site, now this site is set up for 10 posts per page. I think 25 worked well, it helps reduce the number of pages in a thread.

Usually for something like that, there is an option to change the amount of displays (posts for old Realcent, listings for something like eBay) on one page. Since I don't see an option on the page, I would bet that it would have to be changed by an administrator, if it could be changed at all.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:31 pm

MikeP2020 wrote:Not really a bug, but I was wondering if the number of posts per page can be changed. We used to have 25 posts per page on the old site, now this site is set up for 10 posts per page. I think 25 worked well, it helps reduce the number of pages in a thread.

Done.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:52 pm

uthminsta wrote:it's not a bug but it should be known.
i edited a post and it does not show up as "edited by uthminsta at" or anything.
do TPTB want the edits to show like at the old site?

Really? I see edits like this at the bottom of the edited post:

"Last edited by Country on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:26 am, edited 4 times in total."

I'll try editing this post as a test. Maybe it is an Admin vs Member thing and the Members can't see the edit.

Test - this is an edit. :?

Ok I can't see that I edited the post so something changed on the back end. We should be able to see if someone edited a post.
I found the setting - it is clearly set to display the last edited info. It is clearly not working that way. Something must be overriding that setting.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby uthminsta » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 pm

JadeDragon wrote:I found the setting - it is clearly set to display the last edited info. It is clearly not working that way. Something must be overriding that setting.

This is why your job here is so great.
uthminsta

Postby PreservingThePast » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 am

Attempted to navigate out of one area back to the Board Index and it wouldn't budge. I finally got this message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User sushobco_php1 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Hope this info helps you determine what is happening.

Thanks again for all of your efforts towards this site.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby PreservingThePast » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:43 am

Looks like the time change wasn't made on the forum. It is telling me the time is 12:40pm and it is only 11:40am now since the time moved back last night in the US (and other places?).
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby PreservingThePast » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:41 pm

In the last few days I have had problems getting a thread to open up, sometimes even just an area or whatever you would call it like Copper, or the Silver area.

This has happened several times over the last few days and this error is what it shows:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User sushobco_php1 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

So, I looked and there were only 18 people total on line so I don't understand the max user connections that it mentions in the error message.

Thanks. Just trying to let you know of things not working properly.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby dpwozney » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:36 pm

JadeDragon wrote:1. The settings currently allow anyone to send private messages. However, currently I can't figure out how to send a PM. On the list to fix (someone?) ...

I tried to send you a PM but I do not think it was sent. I clicked on the “Submit” button but it did not seem to go through. The message shows up in my “Outbox” folder but not in my “Sent messages” folder.
dpwozney
Penny Pincher Member

Postby natsb88 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Messages stay in "Outbox" until the recipient reads them, then they move to "Sent Messages."
natsb88

Postby dpwozney » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Last edited by dpwozney on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dpwozney
Penny Pincher Member

Postby dpwozney » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:03 pm

natsb88 wrote:Messages stay in "Outbox" until the recipient reads them, then they move to "Sent Messages."

Thank-you for that !
dpwozney
Penny Pincher Member

Postby uthminsta » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 pm

There was a thread called "Who has ECRATER?" That no longer exists on the site. Anyone know why it vanished?
uthminsta

Postby PreservingThePast » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:13 am

Anyone else having problems sending PMs???

I was logged in and in my PM area. Typed a PM and hit submit. It took me to the log in page and said I needed to be logged in. I hit the back button and it took me back to my typed PM and it shows me as logged in at the upper right of the page. Tried again and get the same problem. Finally had to just do a copy, logged in again and then had to paste and submit the message.

Thanks for any assistance.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts