Logging In

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Logging In

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:00 pm

I believe I have located and corrected the problem with the auto log-in feature.

Please clear any realcent.org cookies from your browser and log in again, and this time you should stay logged in.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Re: Logging In

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:I believe I have located and corrected the problem with the auto log-in feature.

Please clear any realcent.org cookies from your browser and log in again, and this time you should stay logged in.

The easiest way to delete the realcent.org cookies can be found at the very bottom of the page. Scroll down and look along the lower border. It will say, " * The team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 5 hours"

Choose the option that says "Delete all board cookies"

Close your browser

Note from TPTB: The "Delete all board cookies" link does not seem to work for everybody. Please clear the Realcent.org browser cookie manually. See this link if you aren't sure how: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies

Open your browser, goto realcent.org, and log back in... be sure to check the "log in automatically" option box below your password

Done
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:10 pm

I have received a couple emails from members that are having trouble logging in now. The "Delete all board cookies" link may or may not work depending on your browser. If you are still having trouble logging in after trying that link, please clear your realcent.org cookies manually. This page has instructions for most browsers:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 pm

yes i had to manually clear all cookies from my browser.

seems to be working for the time being
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 pm

I cleared all cookies using the page link and went to log in with the "log in automatically" checked.I was logged in for a second but after page loaded I wasn't. Tried several times after clearing all cookies manually from the tools in browser,closing browser,ect. After five minutes trying different things I was able to stay logged on only when I didn't have auto login box checked. Anyone else have this experience??
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby L1011 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:09 am

Sheesh,,,,Finally, after wondering why I wasn't able to stay logg-ed in....deleted cookies and was able to come back and log-in, so far so good.... :lol:
L1011
Penny Collector Member

Postby PennyPauper » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 am

I logged out,then back in with checked auto box and now I stay loggin in after page loads :) Gnite
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CU Baker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 am

Had to go the manual delete route, now I'am back in without the auto login.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:48 am

I've solved the auto login problem as well by following the directions TPTB gave here. Thanks :)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Coll3ctor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:16 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:I have received a couple emails from members that are having trouble logging in now. The "Delete all board cookies" link may or may not work depending on your browser. If you are still having trouble logging in after trying that link, please clear your realcent.org cookies manually. This page has instructions for most browsers:

Worked great !

ThanX 8-)
Coll3ctor
Penny Pincher Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:19 pm

I am still getting lots of messages about log in problems. It appears that the "Delete all board cookies" link does not work for a lot of people.

Please manually clear the cookies from your browser using the method on this page:

Then log in again and it should work fine.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Rosco » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 am

It works I'm back Thanks TPTB

Following all directions helps Hard For Grumpy OLD Guy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Whoohoo! Finally got out of that loop. I was worried folks were gonna catch up to me on post count. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby wayne1956 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:00 am

ThePowersThatBe wrote:I am still getting lots of messages about log in problems. It appears that the "Delete all board cookies" link does not work for a lot of people.

Please manually clear the cookies from your browser using the method on this page:

Then log in again and it should work fine.

I was having this same issue, and ended up having to delete the cookies thru the internet options panel. That seems to have cleard the issue up.
wayne1956
Penny Pincher Member

Postby BOHICA » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Let's see if this works.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:07 am

I had to do the "manual" method myself...

Realcent now works, but I lost all my other saved log-in accounts. Frustrating!
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:08 pm

SWEET I'm back. I was actually feeling a bit of withdrawal from not being able to post :shock:
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby simplicitycounts » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm

That was awful. I was about ready to give up on the site completely. Couldn't log on, couldn't post...... Hope this doesn't happen again.
simplicitycounts
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BOHICA » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:41 pm

I finally figured it out. I had to deselect the "Protect Favorite Websites Data" box to get it to work.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I've been having an odd problem logging on.

I typically browse the Web on Firefox. For my first few weeks on Realcent I had no problem logging on. For the past few weeks, immediately after entering my password and hitting enter, the login screen came back up again. Afterwards, I'm listed at the bottom of the screen as an on-line member, but I can't post to any of the threads.

Just out of curiosity, tonight I got out of Firefox and tried browsing using Windows Explorer, and I was able to logon for real.

Anyone else have this problem?
Mike
Penny Pincher Member

Postby natsb88 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Mike wrote:I've been having an odd problem logging on.

I typically browse the Web on Firefox. For my first few weeks on Realcent I had no problem logging on. For the past few weeks, immediately after entering my password and hitting enter, the login screen came back up again. Afterwards, I'm listed at the bottom of the screen as an on-line member, but I can't post to any of the threads.

Just out of curiosity, tonight I got out of Firefox and tried browsing using Windows Explorer, and I was able to logon for real.

Have you tried clearing the cookies through Firefox (not the "delete board cookies" link)? Sounds like that is fixing it for most people. I'm not have any problems in Firefox.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:31 am

natsb88 wrote:
Mike wrote:I've been having an odd problem logging on.

Have you tried clearing the cookies through Firefox (not the "delete board cookies" link)? Sounds like that is fixing it for most people. I'm not have any problems in Firefox.

That did the trick. Thank you.
Mike
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HelloMeteor » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:58 pm

FYI to administrators, it was impossible for me to register using internet explorer. No matter how many times I tried I was always told that I typed in the garbled text at the bottom of the page was incorrect. As soon as I tried it on firefox, it worked the first time.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts