Saturday Outage - Possible Lost Topics

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Saturday Outage - Possible Lost Topics

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:00 am

Our host experienced a major power surge last night which apparently fried a main breaker and some networking components. This outage had nothing to do with the level of site traffic or with the rolling sale that was scheduled, and everything to do with a freak power surge in Provo, Utah.

The servers were protected but everything shut down. They made repairs quickly but it still took some time to get all of the servers back up, and there were still some database issues after the site itself was back online.

There is at least one broken topic in the contest forum, the pick-the-winner Superbowl contest. I am going to do a full site backup of what we have now, and then see if I can fix that issue.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Re: Saturday Outage - Possible Lost Topics

Postby rsk1963 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:05 am

tptb thank you very much for all you do!
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:49 am

The new posts link was broken last night, but it seems to be fixed this morning.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby doug » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 pm

The unread post link in the Mexican coins thread at the top of the silver forum takes me to the sale in the buy it now forum.

Doug
doug
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 pm

I was wondering why I couldn't access the site for a little while yesterday. Glad to see it is working again! :)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 pm

oh so that is why i could get on yesterday....well i am sure glad TPTB fixed the "pick the winner Superbowl contest" oh yeah I am!
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts