A Very Unusual Find- Wine Corks

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

A Very Unusual Find- Wine Corks

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:47 pm

I found something a while back and put it in the garage.

I found a decent sized box of all types of used corks. They were as follows:

678 wine corks
293 synthetic stoppers (made with plastic)
24 colorful corks (red, orange, etc.)
33 champagne corks
8 miscellaneous (odd size, strange handles on end, etc.)
1,036 total corks and stoppers found

Oh yeah, there was also a dime in the box.

Now, regarding the uses, there are LOTS of them. Cork can be used as a refrigerator magnet, chip clip, hot plate and even as a pencil eraser. Go to YouTube and you will find literally dozens more uses.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: A Very Unusual Find- Wine Corks

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:52 am

Interesting!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:22 pm

I bet someone would bid quite a bit for that on eBay
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:33 am

It seems like they go for about 12-15 cents each on eBay. I’d want more than that to make it exciting enough to sell. Plus it would likely complicate my income taxes- having a single eBay transaction to include on my return. Now if I got, say, $1,000 for the lot, it would be worth the extra effort.

I guess I’d consider reasonable offers from anyone on this site who is interested. If anyone is, please send me a private message.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Silver4face » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:13 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:It seems like they go for about 12-15 cents each on eBay. I’d want more than that to make it exciting enough to sell. Plus it would likely complicate my income taxes- having a single eBay transaction to include on my return. Now if I got, say, $1,000 for the lot, it would be worth the extra effort.

I guess I’d consider reasonable offers from anyone on this site who is interested. If anyone is, please send me a private message.

You would not have to include eBay transactions on your income taxes unless it was $600 or higher. Therefore, sell this "lot" on eBay for around 500-550 and then do not list anything until 2024.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About