My 10 Year Anniversary on RC

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

My 10 Year Anniversary on RC

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:56 am

I just realized that January 20th was the 10th anniversary of me joining this fine site.

3,900 posts later (geez, about 1 every day of the year) you still have to put up with me!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: My 10 Year Anniversary on RC

Postby wheeler_dealer » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:40 am

Happy belated anniversary
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:40 am

Glad to have you! Congratulations! If you were not posting, a lot of times there would be nothing to read! I used to have a hard time keeping up with the posts on the site, not so much anymore. I am on Bullionstacker now as well as Realcent and enjoy reading what people have to say.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:06 am

Congrats! You have me beat!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:02 pm

Here's to another ten!
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby coindood » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:12 pm

Congrats!
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:44 am

Nice to see others who are active posters on this site!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby hirbonzig » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:34 pm

Congrats on your ten year anniversary!
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:27 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:I just realized that January 20th was the 10th anniversary of me joining this fine site.

3,900 posts later (geez, about 1 every day of the year) you still have to put up with me!

I can't fathom just how many of those posts over the years I personally learned something from.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:39 pm

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:I just realized that January 20th was the 10th anniversary of me joining this fine site.

I can't fathom just how many of those posts over the years I personally learned something from.

VERY NICE words, and from someone here even longer than me. Thanks a lot!

Recyclersteve

Postby silverflake » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:56 pm

Well done Recyclersteve! I remember there were some periods where your posts were what was keeping a quiet board alive. Things seemed to have picked up lately.

Thanks for quality posts mostly chock full of insight and info!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Silver4face » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:11 pm

Yes, congratulations Steve. Btw, you joined the site two weeks before Canadian pennies disappeared from banks. We should perhaps go back and see what the hot topics were ten years ago at this time.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About