Why Do I Currently See Only 17 Unread Messages?

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Why Do I Currently See Only 17 Unread Messages?

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:07 pm

Why is it that when I log into the RealCent site I only see a small amount of unread messages? Today it was only 17 messages.

For comparison sake, another well known site (BS) shows that I have OVER 1,000 unread messages. I’ve been on both sites for years, so what is going on here? I know RealCent isn’t as active as before, but 17 vs. 1,000+. What is going on here?!?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Why Do I Currently See Only 17 Unread Messages?

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:59 pm

Dunno; you still seeing that? I show more than the max count of 1000 for me.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:31 pm

Today I see 21 Unread Messages. I am totally confused about this.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:53 am

One possibility is that you've actually read almost all the posts? I certainly haven't.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby natsb88 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:25 am

What link are you clicking on to see "unread messages?" Do you mean "View unread posts?" If so, it's over 1000 for me. That means you have either clicked on every thread except those 20-some, or you have clicked the "Mark forums read" button at some point and those are the only 20-some threads that have new posts since you clicked that.
natsb88

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:35 am

I am clicking on View Unread Posts.

Recyclersteve

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About