Not All Banks are Bad

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Not All Banks are Bad

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:35 pm

I have bank accounts with a couple of the really big banks, but this is not about them.

I also have two small accounts with my so-called “dump” bank. I used to use their coin counter in the lobby, but then they removed it around the time COVID became a thing. They still kept a counter at another local branch, but it is about 15 miles away and not accessible to customers anymore.

In visiting my branch today I found out they got another counting machine about a month ago! This very small bank gives excellent service, has no account fees, is open til 6pm on weekdays and for several hours on Saturday. And they don’t expect you to deposit the money in your account!

Sadly, they only have branches in two states and they aren’t big population centers like CA, FL, NY and TX. If you want to send me a private message with the state you live in, I can let you know if they are in your state. There is only about a 4% chance they are in your state.

Why am I even posting this? I’m doing it because so many people have pretty much given up on banks. I just wanted to say there are still some good ones out there. I imagine there are some good credit unions as well.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Not All Banks are Bad

Postby Silver4face » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:06 pm

I visit around 40-50 banks a year. Some are obviously better than others. Two of them I see every week. Others once a month and others only 1-3 times a year. Free dump machines are always nice to have.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About