Private Sale Ammo

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Private Sale Ammo

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:47 pm

This seemed like the most likely sub-forum for someone who would potentially know the answer.

I've been clearing out my late MIL's storage units, and have come across a couple boxes of ammo. It's for a caliber I don't own. Is it legal to private sell it, and if so, what platform is there to do so? Or would my best bet maybe be a local gun shop?
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Private Sale Ammo

Postby natsb88 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:07 pm

Ammo laws vary by state, both for buying and selling. You are probably ok to sell privately in NV provided the buyer is at least 18 (or 21 for handgun ammo) and does not meet any conditions that would prevent them from owning or purchasing a firearm. But I am no lawyer so DYODD and check for local regulations as well.

Ammo cannot ship USPS at all. It can ship UPS Ground with certain restrictions and labeling requirements.

Ammo is prohibited on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. You'd probably have to find a gun/ammo specific marketplace site or forum.

Probably won't get as much as a private sale, but the quickest/easiest outlet may be a local gun shop. Depends on how much you have and how much time you want to put into it.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:47 pm

Thank you Nate. Very much appreciated.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

-Stu
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NiBullionCu » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:37 pm

gunbroker.com

https://www.gunbroker.com/Ammunition/search?s=p

https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/categories/202946908-Getting-Started

I'm not familiar, but my son uses this site a lot to buy and sell gun parts and ammo.
NiBullionCu
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justoneguy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:13 pm

Also try
Armslist.com
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:07 am

Doctor Steuss wrote:This seemed like the most likely sub-forum for someone who would potentially know the answer.

I've been clearing out my late MIL's storage units, and have come across a couple boxes of ammo. It's for a caliber I don't own. Is it legal to private sell it, and if so, what platform is there to do so? Or would my best bet maybe be a local gun shop?

Perfect excuse to buy a new gun in that caliber! :lol:
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:18 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Perfect excuse to buy a new gun in that caliber! :lol:

Lol, the idea definitely occupied some real estate in my noggin for a significant amount of time.
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:40 pm

What calibers? I will be in NV in a few weeks if you are close to LV or Pahrump
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:44 pm

fasteddy wrote:What calibers? I will be in NV in a few weeks if you are close to LV or Pahrump

Shooting you a PM. I live in (east) LV.
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About