Our Prep Successes!

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Our Prep Successes!

Postby Thogey » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:08 am

Large chest freezer and 39 gal trash bags.

Trash bags give me peace of mind because I got caught a little behind on water so I just use them as liners and keep a few trash barrels full.

But the best one. I'm 5-11 167 lbs resting heart rate of 50-60 BP is 100/70, 99% oxygen saturation. Been intermittent fasting, kale, exercise yoga... bla bla bla for the past 3 years, quit drinking about 5 years ago and don't smoke. My skeleton feels strong.

Other than the wear from age (53) and a few injuries, I feel to be in the best physical shape and condition I can remember.

This will help me handle whatever the next physical or psychological catastrophe is coming next, because they are coming hard and fast in my life, just like they do in everyone's yee haw :o

I understand if you happen to be over weight BMI>30 this is very bad. Can you imagine the poor hospital staff who has to move 200-300 pound limp and sick people. Dangerous and horrifying.

If you are overweight, this is a good time to start making adjustments. Maybe the best prep you can do. :thumbup:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Our Prep Successes!

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Get out and walk/ hike around. This is the best time for it. Almost no one around. Staying cooped up will hurt your immune system and make you more susceptible to all illness.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:26 am

Most everything I guess. I could be forced to not leave my yard for years and be fine. Guess Id have to eat the goats though. I would be able to go near indefinitely if I had more soil built up but I didnt bring it all from my last home when I moved this last summer.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:43 am

The wife was able to get a "non-medical" O2 fingertip monitor at a reasonable price - arrived today, seems to work, so we have that for our medical supplies going forward.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About