Poll: Are You Willing to Touch a Coinstar Machine?

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

With COVID-19 Fears Are You Willing to Touch the Return Tray in a Coinstar Machine?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:53 am

Yes
88%
No
No votes
Conditional Yes (If Wearing Gloves, etc.)
12%
Not Sure
No votes

Total votes : 17

Poll: Are You Willing to Touch a Coinstar Machine?

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 am

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus scare, I thought it would be good to create a new poll. Are you willing to touch a Coinstar machine? Do you have any special restrictions (like the 6 foot social distancing guideline) that would keep you away from a CS machine?

I am very curious to see what people say on this one.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Poll: Are You Willing to Touch a Coinstar Machine?

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:57 am

I said I'd touch the machine because I am both frugal and pretty fearless. In some cases (a really grungy machine or one that a person with a hacking cough just left) I'd consider using a napkin or something else to scoop out the coin(s). I would almost certainly wash my hands twice- once when scooping out the coins and another time after arriving home and unloading my pockets.

I also pick up quite a few coins in the drive through lanes at fast food places. Same drill about washing hands, except that I'm in my car so I use sanitizer or wipes.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby coppernickel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:36 am

With the bank lobbies being closed, I may need to use one.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Can't be any dirtier than a typical ATM.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:50 am

Walmart doesn't do this, but I did see a CS machine in a grocery store today that offered to give you an e-card of some type for Domino's Pizza and charge no fee. For those who like Domino's, that might be a decent deal or at least a way to get rid of the pennies and nickels.

Recyclersteve

Postby fasteddy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:28 am

The bank lobbies closing down a couple weeks back caught me off guard....I have two buckets of zinc cents to return...about 40k cents. All pre virus! Looks like i will just hang onto them until this all blows over.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About