Toilet paper

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Toilet paper

Postby Changechecker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Just for kicks I went on e bay and searched toilet paper. OMG can't believe what people are bidding for it. My friend says its price gouging. I think it's crazy what auctions are getting however it is a necessity for many people. I say its Capitalism he says its price gouging. Thoughts? Another guy a work took home a box of old rags. I told my coworker he was going to wash them and cut up for toilet use. We laughed however it is a possibility.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Re: Toilet paper

Postby NHsorter » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:13 pm

If you start the bidding at $1 on something and it gets bid sky high, how the hell is that price gouging? People are crazy
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Toilet paper

Postby wolvesdad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:29 pm

I agree it couldnt even slightly be called price gauging if it was an auction.

How many of us have old t-shirts we honestly will never wear again??

I guess some people throw them out in spring cleaning. But not us.

These old clothes go in a bag of "rags". They are already washed. And I will use these in a second as opposed to ever paying high prices for something to wipe my @$$ with(ie tp).

Anyone that can't think outside the box .....is destined to be afraid, and probably poor.
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About