Prepping to a whole new level

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Prepping to a whole new level

Postby justoneguy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:44 am

all the advice on prepping for the new SHTF seams to be about trying to avoid it.
stockpiles of medicine are being sold out.
My bug out/in has been ready but,
This is the "boomer" disease, and my wife has respiratory issues already.
I'm thinking if Tylenol & toilet paper are already in short supply,
What other medical supplies will come up short?

I just bought an fingertip oxygen level sensor for about $20,
and my big purchase is an oxygen concentrator new about $600
I'm thinking you could buy a couple of more and sell them for $1500 - $2000,
except, I'm not that kind of guy
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Prepping to a whole new level

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Makes sense for your need especially. I bought a UV light sterilizer last week - intended for baby bottles but it will take care of the surfaces of anything that will fit into the chamber, so great for remotes, cell phones, car keys, glasses, wrist watches, so we will use it regularly anyway going forward, but I got it to stretch the use of N95 masks if one of us gets sick and needs to care for the other.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:31 am

Whats the model of UV sanitizer that you got, if you don't mind sharing?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 am

NHsorter wrote:Whats the model of UV sanitizer that you got, if you don't mind sharing?

They've updated the listing and jacked the price up by $60 since I bought it two weeks ago...

https://www.amazon.com/Sterilizer-Sanit ... 277&sr=8-3
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:52 am

$199 now for personal but they are $149 is you have an Amazon business account. In case anyone else is looking...
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:06 am

It's an odd feeling but I think I will continue to use this thing - the UV sterilizer - long after the covid crisis damps out. It's nice to be able to come back into the house from being in public - especially during winter cold and flu season - and just empty my pockets into it - watch, phone, cash, coin, receipts, wallet, keys, etc and hit the button.
68Camaro

Postby fasteddy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:25 pm

68Camaro wrote:
NHsorter wrote:Whats the model of UV sanitizer that you got, if you don't mind sharing?

They've updated the listing and jacked the price up by $60 since I bought it two weeks ago...

https://www.amazon.com/Sterilizer-Sanit ... 277&sr=8-3

I was shopping around for a UV sanitizer and kept coming back to the one you bought....finally pulled the trigger at $209.99....I used their instant credit to get $60.00 off. Received it Saturday...very easy to use, good capacity and looks nice...just so happens the wife was looking for a phone sanitizer when Amazon delivered....she was very happy she didn't pull the trigger on her purchase...me too since i would have paid for it. I guess all remotes, keys, phones are sanitized...
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Glad it was a help - I really like it.
68Camaro

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About