Kung-flu

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Re: Kung-flu

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:21 am

Thogey wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:Yesterday morning, I went out to buy preps.

I went to the 1st Walgreens to buy surgical masks. I got the last box.

I went to the 2nd Walgreens and bought the last 2 boxes.

I went to Walmart and bought their last 3 boxes.

Three have 25 masks, the other three have 20 in each box. I hope 135 masks will be enough.

How many masks do you have left?

Haven't used any yet. I put a few in each car to have handy. The rest are in the preps pile.

I'm thinking next week will be the start of my 2-month quarantine. Only leaving the house/property for absolutely essential reasons, with the best protection I can rig up.

Yesterday I put the trash can next to the mailbox so all the junk mail goes directly into it, instead of the house.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 am

So you are actually going to quarantine yourself? I don't understand this....

Whatever makes you feel good I guess....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:16 am

Like killing yourself to prevent cancer.

You're not going to see me swapping spit with strangers until it's hot and dry. I live with someone who will be in big trouble if she gets sick.

Seems like the worst part of this whole thing is the quarantine requirements. Its spread is so fast and hard the hospitals will be overwhelmed with those who get really sick.

The disease may also be asymptomatic for some, this is the real problem. Like HIV.
Remember the AIDS onset and how it was going to kill off humanity? Well it has only killed 32 million so far.
1/100 men have it now globally. Somehow, it just becomes normal.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:23 am

NotABigDeal wrote:So you are actually going to quarantine yourself? I don't understand this....

Whatever makes you feel good I guess....

Deal

My 93yo mom lives here. If I catch it, she is dead.

I'm retired, so I don't need to go out for income or a job.

It's not a dire hardship on me to stay home and be extra careful.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:17 am

I think it is a great plan. You are in a better position do do something like this than most. You can also use this to see if there is anything lacking in your preps in case something similar is needed in the future. Good luck!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Mask and disinfectant trade shut down on e-bay
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcem ... p/30734312
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:04 am

This is a great one to review.

I hearby declare Idaho Copper The Buddah of this thread.

When the thread started I thought Idaho Copper was alarmist. But the seed he planted grew in my thoughts and prayers. We were to prep a bit stronger before this phase of the tsunami.

Thank You IdahoCopper :clap:
Thogey

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:22 am

Very kind, Thogey. Thank you.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Hope you and your mom make it through ok. I know how you feel. My mom has COPD if he gets it, it would likely be the end. My wife has had end stage kidney disease for 17 years. She cannot afford to get sick either. Unfortunately, I still have two kids in the house and am still required to work.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About