Reminder: Lots of Coupons/Deals Expire 12/31...

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Reminder: Lots of Coupons/Deals Expire 12/31...

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:58 am

This is just a friendly reminder for any of the more frugal people out there. You may have coupons attached to your fridge or in a coupon folder/envelope that are set to expire on December 31.

Also, there could be some other deals (mileage offers from airlines, etc.) to consider. It could be that travel doesn't need to be completed by then, but does need to at least be booked by then.

And then there could be things like trips to the dentist that could be taken between now and the 31st if you have already paid your deductible for 2017.

For those who recycle and would like to avoid getting a 1099 tax form from the scrap yard, you might want to drop off some stuff at the scrap yard before the end of the year if it keeps you under the $600 annual reporting requirement (if that is important to you).

If you itemize deductions on your income taxes (which is getting harder and harder to do), you might want to take a load of stuff to Goodwill or some other similar charity to get credit for this year. When the new tax changes are implemented, that may end up being a better deal for you to do in 2017 vs. 2018 (although I'm not a tax expert by any stretch).

For those who are giving money to loved ones, remember that each parent can give up to $14k/year to a kid (or even an outsider) and it is tax free to both parties. I think there might be some lifetime limitation on how much can be given, but I am pretty sure it is $5,490,000. Someone else might want to chime in here if I am wrong.

I'm sure there are probably many more things that I am not considering that could be done as well. What others can you think of?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Reminder: Lots of Coupons/Deals Expire 12/31...

Postby natsb88 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 pm

If you have an eBay Store and haven't already used your quarterly credit for free shipping supplies, use it by 12/31.

Go to Manage My Store and click on Subscriber Discounts to see your code for the eBay Shipping Supplies store.

Basic Store subscribers get a $25 credit each quarter. Grab some free bubble envelopes, even just to use as internal packaging in boxes if you don't want to mail anything with the eBay logo showing.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About