Things I Like about the Realcent Site

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Things I Like about the Realcent Site

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 pm

I thought it would be interesting to start a new thread about things that we like about this incredible website. The purpose of doing this is partially to let the administrators and anyone who works behind the scenes know how thankful we are for the site. Also, there is another purpose. That is, to help educate others. I'm sure there are many who know neat little things about the site that others don't know. This might also help to get some of the people lurking in the background to become members.

So here we go. What is something you really like about the RC site that perhaps others don't realize?

I'll start: One of the things I like about the site is how I can be reading a posting that I want to come back to in an hour or two, but not right now. It is something I don't want to bookmark. Perhaps it is something I will want to share with the wife, and she is gone for the moment. I can then open another RC browser and the system will automatically log me in (assuming there has been activity in the past hour). Great little feature.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Things I Like about the Realcent Site

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:56 pm

Bottom line is there is a wealth of information tucked away here. We have an incredible community of great thinkers and their inputs are invaluable and available.

Would love to see what is here cataloged by subject matter, and subcategorized. I guess it already is but I'm thinking in a library type of way. Hummm, I may have just figured out what to do over slow summers. Maybe find a grad assistant who needs the work for a thesis.

Were I able to create a community that would persist and abide thru the ages, I would start by making it in a way RCers would clamor to join. Hummmm, I may have just figured out my life's work. (he said only half jokingly).
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:43 pm

:clap: Yes, first off thanks to the great team who keeps RealCent up and running.

:clap: Thank you for a great community willing to express their opinion and be respectful in the communications. :oops: I've made a few stupid statements and was grateful they were pointed out in a way I could correct them and save face.

:thumbup: Yes, as a group we have strayed from the real cent path and developed more toward pm's and discussion. There is still a wealth of base metals information. I for one do still sort and save copper cents and copper nickels. IF I do have some spare time I do read older posts, and the information has always been very informative. A lot of it is still relevant today.

:D I like the KSAs and other opportunities to make good buys. I've had some great finds, and save for one experience all my trades have been positive.

:clap: Social media as a whole scares me, but this site I like.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm

coppernickel wrote: :clap: Social media as a whole scares me, but this site I like.

Good point!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About