Prepping for a Hillary world

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Prepping for a Hillary world

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:13 pm

So let's say it happens. Trump tanks and wikileaks doesn't trash Hillary's campaign. She gets elected....

How does this affect preps in light of related Hillary direction and the elites that support and control her.

Stock market, deficit, taxes, interest rates, government bonds.
Flight of citizens and businesses and production to other countries.
Chance of workers to find employment sufficent to allow them to save and prep.
Guns, ammo price and availability, magazine sizes.
Immigration, lack of accountability of illegals.
Ability to get quality healthcare at reasonable cost.
Ability to hold and use cash.
Relations with Chinese and Russians and chance of proxy war.
Islamic radical terrorism.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Prepping for a Hillary world

Postby knibloe » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Prayer and trust in God to help us.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby wheeler_dealer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:51 am

Ditto.
Physical ownership of gold, silver, copper (ok cents). Personal comfort items and a pantry full of survival supplies.
With Zirp / Nirp it makes no sense to have a big balance earning zero. Buy inflation protection goods.
I just stocked up on toilet paper on sale 33% off. O.k. I bought LOTS, also stocked up on bar soap on sale 4 bars free per package of 12. Bought at 8 pack price. Saved $1.50 per pack plus 4 free. Bulk Kleenex at 8.99 for 10pack of 160 count name brand. Figure I saved $100.00 off price plus a bunch on taxes as it was all on sale.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:20 am

Prepping for a hillary world.

There is nothing distasteful than a cackling, know it all, old lady.

I don't know how to prepare for it.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby franklin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:13 pm

I took 200 AR15 type mags to a gun show at which I had a couple of tables this weekend and priced them competitively. Not one looker. One dude said he would wait until after the election and buy some from me if Hilary won. I told him they would be triple the price.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:09 pm

franklin wrote:I took 200 AR15 type mags to a gun show at which I had a couple of tables this weekend and priced them competitively. Not one looker. One dude said he would wait until after the election and buy some from me if Hilary won. I told him they would be triple the price.

What brand mags are they?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:19 pm

If I needed prescription drugs and was anticipating a Hillary win, I'd consider holding off on the meds till after the election when the price might be lower. (or ask for a 30-day price match and get laughed out of the building)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby agmoose » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Ammo for sure......start now. Franklin is right - those magazines will triple in price quickly if she wins. Everything gun related will leave the shelves rapidly. Be ahead of the game, because her SCOTUS nominations will tear the 2nd Amendment to shreds.

No matter who wins, I'd expect a pretty significant stock market correction and rise in the price of shiny metals.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bluejuice915 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Not to be pessimistic, but might I suggest worrying about the candidates for the 2020 election? Currently expected candidates include: Ted Cruz (again) :shh: ; Hillary (again) :o ; Kanye West :lol: ; Lindsey Lohan :thumbdown: ; Katy Perry :evil: ; Waka Flocka Flame :sick: ; and Andrew Cuomo :x . And yes, I'm serious about all of these.

Ignoring that for now, lets prepare for one of the lowest presidential approval ratings ever, and probably one of the longest lists of unfulfilled campaign promises. I don't have many hopes, but what do I know? I'm vaguely wondering if enough people don't want Hillary or Trump and we can get Gary Johnson in the White House.
-_-
I want to be wrong, except it's so satisfying to say I was right.
... and the world descended into chaos as the select survivors cried about the surrounding stupidity.
bluejuice915

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:51 pm

If Hillary wins, there could be a pant suit shortage. OMG! :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:If Hillary wins, there could be a pant suit shortage. OMG! :)

I'm thinking if she loses Prison Orange pantsuits might be en Vogue! :evil:
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby franklin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:28 pm

68:
Sorry for the delay. The mags were a combination of Gen 2 PMag, Troy BattleMags and HexMags. AgMoose is correct. Besides possible Executive Orders restricting certain items, the Supreme Court appointments will be devastating to our gun rights. I am amazed at the ammo deals (online) that are currently out there.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About