Robots

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Robots

Postby silverstacker » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Just saw a commercial from the "Uppenheimer Fund"s saying that by 2025 Robots WILL BE in every household. :lol: :lol:

Not in this one.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Robots

Postby Kurr » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:32 pm

Ya and by 2000 we'll all have hover cars at our places on the moon. I've heard this song before a few times.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Doctor Steuss » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Unless the other robots are cheaper than a Roomba... no thank you.

Also, in 2025, my son will be 14 -- he'll be my servant robot. :thumbup:
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Maybe not android like robots, but very possibly some type of automated system. I work in the dairy industry. Farmers are now milking their cows with robotic milking machines. It is a fast growing segment of the market. More and more jobs will be done by automation. Why not more activities in the home?
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:00 pm

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverstacker » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:41 am

I'm very skeptical that in 9 years robots will be present in the majority of households. I could be wrong and they've been saying this for years but for Uppehheymer to say that as they promote their funds is ridiculous.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 93 Octane » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Not necessarily, we are living in the fastest moving technological Era in history. Now you may choose not to engage in the technology out of principle but most people with the means will. And the robots of tomorrow won't be humanoid in appearance in most cases.
93 Octane

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:14 pm

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About