Picked up a different type of metal.

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Picked up a different type of metal.

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Very precious indeed. Without it my arm might have been pretty deformed for the rest of my life.
It is possible, but with more risks that it could have been set without the plate and screws old school style, but I would have needed surgery anyway as I also got 2 long pins holding my wrist muscles in place where the end of the bone punched through them. Supposedly this will keep my wrist stable after it heals.

One hopes there will always be a very good orthopedic surgeon in the area. Medical skills are very important.
Attachments
IMG_2520.JPG
IMG_2520.JPG (24.97 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Picked up a different type of metal.

Postby pitw » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:39 pm

Bionic. :shock:
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Damn son!!! hope it heals right.... on a side note... you should get to keep the screws..

Get well soon!!
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:52 pm

you know we want to know how it happened

:mrgreen:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am

What the hell happened?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:04 am

Knowing your location, things that might interest you, and your outdoor opportunities Skiing?......scratch that......Snow Boarding! The sport known for tail bone and wrist injury. Next time ditch the board and opt for the sticks. ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 am

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Yep, just a dumb fall snowboarding at Breckenridge. I must be getting old. I put my hand down as I have done thousands of times before. However, this time there was a thick ice crust over softer snow underneath. My hand punched through the ice and the wrist stuck there for a split second as my body weight continued downslope. I felt it wrench/break, told my surprised brother that my wrist was broke. We rode down to the bottom carefully, but I really wanted to get down as quick as I could. I could feel my dangling forearm swelling fast. I had a big glove/mitten on which I did not want to take off as the pain was quite exquisite so I just paced around until a ski patrol guy showed up to bring me to medical. The good thing is they have a great medical system up there, top notch professionals all around which made dealing with something horrible much more tolerable.
Attachments
DisplacedTransverseFractureLateral.jpg
DisplacedTransverseFractureLateral.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:57 pm

I would have guessed a Colles Fx but that looks fairly high up the arm for one if it is. Had one of our very large but young athletes take out both of his running backwards during a defensive drill in BB practice earlier this winter season. Our bio teacher and my financial adviser are on the local ski patrol. She teaches, he patrols. As you say, part of a very professional team here too. Thanx for sharing the X-ray.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:59 pm

Also comes with a lifetime bonus of personal TSA patdowns.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:29 pm

I just picked up new metal in my knee. I had a total knee replacement surgery. I am going on my 6th week of being off work, despite having a desk job. I have a card in my wallet to be provided to TSA, when I fly.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:58 am

Tourney64 wrote:I just picked up new metal in my knee. I had a total knee replacement surgery. I am going on my 6th week of being off work, despite having a desk job. I have a card in my wallet to be provided to TSA, when I fly.

No aquatics therapy? Pool work, underwater treadmill, etc.? Great for hips also.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About