1970's trailer

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

1970's trailer

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Found a travel trailer for sale. 24 foot needs work. Going to gut and fix roof leak. Future piggy bank for me. I keep seeing roadside treasures discarded by our throw away society. I can begin to reclaim these items for refurbishment. IMO this is the best option for me. Won't clutter my yard with eyesore and it's a onetime investment I hope pays off quickly. I have a small yard and restrictive zoning laws so hoping this is agreeable to my neighbors.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: 1970's trailer

Postby beauanderos » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:36 pm

So you're planning on just altering it's purpose to a towable Ryder van type vehicle. Store your road trip finds in it? :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 1970's trailer

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:54 pm

I have a van. I would park this in driveway to conceal all my finds thus keeping eyesore to minimum. I have been seeing quantities of metal, household items etc. On regular basis which I pass up because I'm trying to avoid looking like "Sanford Arms".
Garage sailing Thursday I could have made more money from scrap then I did going to sales
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About