The movie San Andreas

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

The movie San Andreas

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 pm

The movie San Andreas came out last Friday. It stars The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and has some incredible graphics. The moment when they show a split in the fault line is really something. I don't normally see a movie more than once, but saw this one three times over the weekend.

What does everyone else who saw the movie think? I'm especially curious to hear how well it was received in California and Las Vegas, since they showed the Hoover Dam as well.

Do you think this movie will get a few more people interested in prepping?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: The movie San Andreas

Postby Mossy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Prepping? Yeah, for a while. You should be able to pick up a lot of neat stuff in garage sales starting about 6 months from now, though.

Those faults in California are sideways slipping faults. There should not be many crevices openning for cars and people to fall into.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:27 pm

I watched Jurassic Park and San Andreas on the same day. JP was good... but every time it would get suspenseful I was thinking "this is fake," it could never happen... so I wasn't
really gripped by the film. SA on the other hand... WOW! I agree, this is one I'll watch over again. Fantastic graphics... sure, I know it's all CGI... but still... how the HELL do they
make it look so realistic??

Back on point... massive earthquakes will someday hit the West Coast, so this was more like (plot aside) a documentary for me... of what we might expect eventually. I'm in Fresno,
soon to be (or not) beachfront property 8-)

I can tell you one thing, for sure... Thogey will get drunk (ok, drunker) and celebrate the day California sinks into the Pacific. :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 am

California sink? For the good of humanity, it needs to stay where it is with everyone in it. Trump should build a bubble over it.
The entire US needs to be protected from these people ( 38 million ).

I'm sure they are nice folks. Some of my best friends are Calitards from California.

But why do they move out of their state then destroy everything they see?

If I were king, the Mexican border would remain as -is.
California would be locked down, like a Soviet satellite state
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About