Are we able to trade guns for metals here on realcent?

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Are we able to trade guns for metals here on realcent?

Postby nero12345 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:53 pm

I don't think I've seen it here before but was wondering if we can? Before I post on the trade link I'd like to know if it's allowed.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Re: Are we able to trade guns for metals here on realcent?

Postby Pachucko » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Tag for interest.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:00 am

too complex and regulated for this volunteer coin forum to deal with. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/licens ... iness.html
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Morsecode » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:05 am

:thumbdown:

I would conclude that for you guys in Canada it would be out of the question.

You might try joining the appropriate collector forum for the firearms you're looking to trade...S&W forum, Winchester forum, Ruger Collectors on the Net, etc...Many of those guys are also into precious metals.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby nero12345 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 am

I sorta knew that if it was allowed it would have to be with someone here in canada. With the doing away of the long gun registrary here in Canada the laws on transactions within Canada have actually become very easy. All a fella needs is his possesion and acquisition licence here. I've done a few trades on a few guns from facebook pages located here in Canada and knowing a few of the owners of the pages they've never had any issues about stating them up or keeping them going. Anyhow I know this is a coin site and don't want to stand on anyone's toes which is why I asked instead of just posting an ad up.

Cheers
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby Pachucko » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:54 am

nero12345 wrote:I sorta knew that if it was allowed it would have to be with someone here in canada. With the doing away of the long gun registrary here in Canada the laws on transactions within Canada have actually become very easy. All a fella needs is his possesion and acquisition licence here. I've done a few trades on a few guns from facebook pages located here in Canada and knowing a few of the owners of the pages they've never had any issues about stating them up or keeping them going. Anyhow I know this is a coin site and don't want to stand on anyone's toes which is why I asked instead of just posting an ad up.

Cheers

I didn't realize you were in Canada.... Doh!!
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:28 pm

We do not have a specific rule prohibiting firearm/ammo sales/trades. A new member with no track record trying to list guns here wouldn't fly, but a few established members have advertised firearms and related items on here in the past. Of course all parties involved must abide by all applicable laws, and anything posted that suggests otherwise will result in a swift ban of Market Area privileges, and possibly your Realcent account. It is up to the parties involved to figure out and abide by the laws. In many cases a private in-state long gun sale is a very simple matter. Anything crossing state lines or involving a handgun gets more complicated and typically needs to go through an FFL. Canada is a different ballgame entirely.

As always, Realcent nor its mods or admins are liable in any way for any Market Area transactions. Always do your own due diligence.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About