What Can One do to Disguise Wealth?

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Re: What Can One do to Disguise Wealth?

Postby reddirtcoins » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 pm

everyone very rich that I know doesn't talk about it and doesn't project it. when you have more than enough all of this really doesn't matter. you just keep to yourself and when all of the narcissistic people get overwhelming, which they do very fast. The normal rich people will just go back home and get away from them. back to your question, no ones business .. so just keep your dealings very close to your vest. :thumbup:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:29 pm

AdamsSamoa wrote:no.... 10 bucks a week... plus 2 or 3 bucks a week tip... I should write it off on my taxes... it is a job requirement where the heck are you going for 20 dollar hair cuts?

They're pretty much $15 + tip around here, and that's at the Family Haircut joints.

If it IS a job requirement you probably should be writing them off :mrgreen:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AdamsSamoa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 pm

U.S. Army brother....I guess competition keeps the hair cut price in check around Army bases... been doing it for so long it really feels uncomfortable if I go for more than a week without a high and tight...
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Morsecode wrote:
AdamsSamoa wrote:no.... 10 bucks a week... plus 2 or 3 bucks a week tip... I should write it off on my taxes... it is a job requirement where the heck are you going for 20 dollar hair cuts?

They're pretty much $15 + tip around here, and that's at the Family Haircut joints.

If it IS a job requirement you probably should be writing them off :mrgreen:

Unfortunately unless your hair is cut into some sort of "clown-esque" style that isn't normally a "real haircut" you can't write them off.

Which is lame, honestly.

The same goes for clothes. Even ones that are monogrammed with your company's name that you would never wear outside work can't be deducted.

The tax laws are strangely written.
barrytrot

Postby AdamsSamoa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:55 pm

I know Berry... I know... I really don't need one every week, it just became habit... and I am serious if the back of my head gets more than a weeks grouth it bothers me.
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:26 am

For that type of cut, buy a set of clippers and do it yourself. Or do every other cut yourself as a touch-up, if you just like it shorter but want to ensure the overall look remains tame. The payoff is immediate - 2-4 weeks.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Verbane » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:40 am

AdamsSamoa wrote:U.S. Army brother....I guess competition keeps the hair cut price in check around Army bases... been doing it for so long it really feels uncomfortable if I go for more than a week without a high and tight...

Saturday was the 12 year anniversary of my civilian assignment to Ft. Livingroom. My wife still cuts my hair every Sunday evening. My cuts average out to 2.2 cents each now, using a 13 year old set of $14.99 Wahl Clippers.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Wahl clipper-- best investment ever. I cut my own hair every month or so with the #1 guide. My wife trims the back of my neck. Havent paid for a hair cut for probably 20 years.

tt
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About