If You Were to Bury Something Underground...

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

If You Were to Bury Something Underground...

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:54 am

If you buried something underground and had to have it last for years within spoiling or being damaged, what would you bury? I don't really have any special ideas, so I'm curious what you guys think. Comments?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: If You Were to Bury Something Underground...

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:41 am

My house. Yes, an underground house. At least, partially or parts of it.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Z00 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:26 am

See this article on SurvivalBlog:

http://survivalblog.com/letter-a-two-year-experiment/

PS: This is my preferred version. The cleanout plug that screws in and out is easy to seal (think a liberal coating of the threads with petroleum jelly) and opens easily with a wrench.
PVCPipeSafe.jpg
PVCPipeSafe.jpg (11.32 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:23 am

But what would you put in it?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:But what would you put in it?

See www.survivalblog.com
:)
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About