This forum has incredible resource material in it

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

This forum has incredible resource material in it

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:02 am

There is an incredible amount of useful if not critcal info in these threads and I want to both make sure I capture it and don't want to miss something. I also don't want to lose info if the web goes down.

So my only mild criticism is the format, which by the nature of the threads makes it difficult to find items and makes it easy to miss valuable content, and makes it difficult to store info as a reference. Using the stickies helps but doesn't solve that -I'm not sure how to better highlight or save items unless there was a feature that would allow us to rank/vote on important threads and allow the display to sort by vote.

Thoughts?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: This forum has incredible resource material in it

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:59 am

start using "likes and dislikes" and rank by highest likes?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby hobo finds » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:14 am

hobo finds

Postby Market Harmony » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:15 am

Buy a good printer and ink... the cost might be a good investment
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:28 am

hobo finds wrote:Do something like this... viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12991&p=125437#p125437

That's a thought... A bit awkward but maybe the best we have. Thanks for the reminder.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:34 am

Market Harmony wrote:Buy a good printer and ink... the cost might be a good investment

For saving the best results yes, but it doesn't provide the consensus filtering of what "best" is.

Actually I'm having a hard time not justifying focusing on PDFs and use of third gen kindles rather than paper. They are nearly free now and they are nearly indestructible (within reason) for a tablet computer (they are actually a Linus machine and can be hacked to get into the system). and include a basic PDF reader as well as a browser.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu May 28, 2015 1:29 am

You might try creating a Word document (or perhaps several) and cutting and pasting the good postings to that document for future reference. In addition to the text of the message, I save the name of the poster, subject and date of the message, name of the forum the message is posted under, etc. This makes it much easier for me to refer back to some of the really cool gems that come from this site. And, yes, there are a bunch of them.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby johnbrickner » Thu May 28, 2015 6:26 am

Camaro:

On this subject I could not agree with you more. The knowledge base, depth and breadth, needs to be accessible and preserved. However, it would be a monster of a job for one person to go through and glean and organize all the valuable and critical material. I think what you may be suggesting is a Compendium of Real Cent and if you are not, I certainly am.

May I suggest were the material gone through, it may be best to have those who have expertise in a specific category be ones who combs through to find the gems. Of course, we are also talking about needing time to compile in an organized manner. While I am no expert on anything categorized in this forum, I am willing and will have time this summer to work on such a project if anyone else deems it worthy enough for their time and effort to assist also. I would also suggest having someone way more detailed oriented than I coordinate overall. AKA - lead.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu May 28, 2015 11:13 am

RealCent ~ The book.... or .99 cent download :o Folks write a chapter or two. Actually not a bad idea.
Copper Catcher

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 28, 2015 12:37 pm

I might agree to organize or contribute or edit, but that would depend on several things but especially the ease of use of format agreed to and related options. A close second would be the people that agree to help especially the number, quality, dedication.

If few care then I'll probably just continue to pull off critical items for my own use. I'm done tilting at windmills. :) I've already created one other self sustaining interest group and set it free to operate on its own so I don't need to do another one just for the fun of it. ;)
68Camaro

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:23 pm

I find this one important enough to bump.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:01 pm

johnbrickner wrote:I find this one important enough to bump.

Agreed. And I like those quotes. We could also use up and down votes.

Need one for "No investment looks better than just before it crashes."

Not that I've ever bought at any all time highs.

Oh, no.

Not me.

(I wish)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About