Kamchatka Vodka, Some Bloody Mary advice.

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Kamchatka Vodka, Some Bloody Mary advice.

Postby Thogey » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:36 pm

:sick:
I thought I would enjoy a bloody mary. I figured I'd save a little money on the booze since I'm mixing it anyways.
My mix is robust, but very good (tomato juice, horse radish, Worchester sauce, top with a drop of Tobasco and a lemon twist)
It's very hard to screw this up with a bad choice of booze, but.........
This (Kamchatka) is the WORST product. It actually smells like rotten potatoes.

I just dumped out most of a 1.75 litre bottle, the price of a lesson learned, 12 bucks. I couldn't even stand the smell coming form the drain.

If you don't want to spend 30-50 dollars for a big bottle of Stoly or Absolute, I recommend Pinnacle.

Under 20 for 1.75 litre bottle, no smell, smooth very little bite.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Kamchatka Vodka, Some Bloody Mary advice.

Postby Engineer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Titos is great for the price. It's distilled seven times, and under $25 in my area.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:04 am

Thogey wrote::sick:
I thought I would enjoy a bloody mary. I figured I'd save a little money on the booze since I'm mixing it anyways.
My mix is robust, but very good (tomato juice, horse radish, Worchester sauce, top with a drop of Tobasco and a lemon twist)
It's very hard to screw this up with a bad choice of booze, but.........
This (Kamchatka) is the WORST product. It actually smells like rotten potatoes.

I just dumped out most of a 1.75 litre bottle, the price of a lesson learned, 12 bucks. I couldn't even stand the smell coming form the drain.

If you don't want to spend 30-50 dollars for a big bottle of Stoly or Absolute, I recommend Pinnacle.

Under 20 for 1.75 litre bottle, no smell, smooth very little bite.

Kamchatka - Isn't that the name of a region where they have a really large (1400 pounds) brown bear! I envision a Russian soldier in a shack, in the forest, sitting next to a still, with a sack of old rotten potatoes, distilling vodka - wondering where it all went wrong! :lol:
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby hobo finds » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 pm

BEAM RELEASING NEW FORMULATIONS FOR WOLFSCHMIDT AND KAMCHATKA

WSD has learned that Beam Global is switching Wolfschmidt and Kamchatka vodkas to "Vodka Liqueurs." Using 10% sugar and 49% wine, this allows the products to sell at a lower price and may bring a new level of competition to the already competitive vodka category. The new products are reportedly launching May 1.

"Beam's value-for-money vodkas are benefiting from updated packaging, as well as a new liquid formulation that delivers the same value and taste profile consumers of these products already love. Vodka is still the base, blended with a high-proof liqueur. Beam is the market leader in liqueurs, and this vodka with premium liqueur formulation simply extends our leadership and expertise to enhance our value vodka brands, Kamchatka and Wolfschmidt. Testing indicates consumers of these brands will respond favorably to the refreshed packaging. Given the high quality of the liquid in these brands, we do not expect the selling price of these products to materially change," Clarkson Hine, svp of corporate communications, told WSD.
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby frugi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:45 pm

hands down my favorite mixed drink is a bloody mary.

here in STL, missouri, I have tried every bloody mary within 30 miles of my house.

the best is at a italian restaurant I have been visiting for 20 years, to protect myself giving away the secret recipe, I wont mention the name of the place.

here is the recipe they use:

20 oz. glass
filled 3/4 of the way up with clean, clear ice
1/2 shot of pineapple juice
1/2 shot of lime juice
1/2 shot of lemon juice
1 small squirt of sriracha hot sauce
1 tiny squirt of a soy sauce/worchester sauce mix
2 shots of housemade jalapeno pepper infused vodka (it is light neon green)
then they fill glass with house made mix made from beef broth, bacon grease, ghost chilis, tomatoes, and whatever else.. :twisted:
then the secret to all good bloody marys.....top of the last 1/2 inch in the glass with a good draught ale
top it with a slice of lime, & 3 olives.

Absolutely perfection!

They sell these for $7.50 each on any given day, but Wednesday from 3pm-6pm they are only $3.00, what a deal!

On Sunday for brunch, they do a bloody bar, where you buy a 30 oz. carafe filled with the mix, and 3 shots of vodka, and you can make your own "perfect" bloody mary from the bloody mary bar with over 250 toppings, hot sauces, pickles, meats, veggies, etc.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About