Emergency Food Companies

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Re: Emergency Food Companies

Postby silver » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks Rich I will give it a go.
ED
silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby silver » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Well, I downloaded FireFox and everything is alright with the world. Their price and shipping is great.
Thanks for the help
ED
silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby silver » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi All!
I got my emergency food supply from Augason Farms today. Overall I am satisfied with my purchase. Of course seven can were dented and one of the oatmeal cans was torn wide open. I really didn't think I would get away unscathed but it would have been nice. I am going to call them tomorrow to see what they will do for me. I hope they don't just brush me off. It was quite a job getting twenty cases up into the house. I surprised myself.
ED
silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 pm

All the referenced suppliers have been responsive to issues that I've raised. Take pics and send them in.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silver » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Will do.
ED
silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby Shazbot57 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 am

68Camaro wrote:All the referenced suppliers have been responsive to issues that I've raised. Take pics and send them in.

That's how I handled it. Take pics of the boxes and the dented cans, especially those near the rims (those will be likelier to compromise the seal) and email to the appropriate person. I spoke with a regional person, but I forget who. Good luck, they were pretty easy to work with. Just be patient & of course nice.
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby silver » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 am

Shaz
It was fairly easy to get them replaced. I didn't even need photos. I called Augason Farms and first they told me I had to go through Walmart to get replacements. I emailed Walmart and they told me I had to go through Augason Farms. Sooo, I called back Augason Farms and informed them of the reply. Sierra, the girl I spoke to asked me to send a copy of the email to them. She said she would mail out the replacements that very day, which she did. A few days later it arrived. I was quite pleased.
ED
PS: Every time I see your username I think of Robin Williams
silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:43 pm

silver wrote:Shaz
It was fairly easy to get them replaced. I didn't even need photos. I called Augason Farms and first they told me I had to go through Walmart to get replacements. I emailed Walmart and they told me I had to go through Augason Farms. Sooo, I called back Augason Farms and informed them of the reply. Sierra, the girl I spoke to asked me to send a copy of the email to them. She said she would mail out the replacements that very day, which she did. A few days later it arrived. I was quite pleased.
ED
PS: Every time I see your username I think of Robin Williams

Lol! That's how I came up with it. When I registered, I drew a blank and it was the first thing that popped into my disturbed noggin! When the girls were kids, I used to find creative alternatives to swearing, so-as not to corrupt them. As I recall Mork used to use the word Shazbot for earthlings word - [shucks]!. (System censored the word I actually wrote, essentially means crap) I always liked Robin Williams, Billy Crystal and Andy Kaufmann among others. '57 was when I was born.
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About