Today (12/31/23) is One Extremely Unusual Day!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Today (12/31/23) is One Extremely Unusual Day!

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:20 pm

For anyone who is interested in numbers, today is unlike any day you will ever experience.

December 31, 2023 is literally a 123-123 day (12/31/23). It is the only day in the next 100 years like this. I’m hearing that more people are getting married in Las Vegas today because of this.

I don’t know how one would celebrate a day like this. For instance, there isn’t enough time to look through 123,123 coins. That would be over 49 $25 boxes of pennies! I’m not able to write a check that big. So what can be done to celebrate this?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Today (12/31/23) is One Extremely Unusual Day!

Postby coindood » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:34 pm

I'll do something mildly interesting and post at 12:34pm local time.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Today (12/31/23) is One Extremely Unusual Day!

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:40 pm

The US custom of dating by month day then adding the year, and then using only a 2 digit year, to create a "special" date seems silly. 2023-12-31 or 31-12-2023 are better date formats, same day, not at all special. Like declaring a new Millennium in 2000, when it didn't start until the next year. No need to celebrate it as anything other than another new years eve. Bah humbug ... lol
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions