Cash soon to be illegal

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Cash soon to be illegal

Postby aaa30040 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:59 pm

aaa30040
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Cash soon to be illegal

Postby Morsecode » Wed May 28, 2014 9:56 pm

"According to a study conducted by MasterCard, approximately 80 percent of all consumer transactions in the United States are now cashless."

I sincerely doubt it.

Good article, though.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby uthminsta » Wed May 28, 2014 10:19 pm

Morsecode wrote:"According to a study conducted by MasterCard, approximately 80 percent of all consumer transactions in the United States are now cashless." I sincerely doubt it. Good article, though.
Quite a few "consumer transactions" that deal strictly in cash are done without a receipt, if you take my meaning. 8-)
uthminsta

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 pm

I am seriously rethinking my reply from 10 years ago. :(

4000 Posts....Surprising since I usually get myself banned from forums before reaching 2000.

(yes, the Applause light is flashing) :clap: :clap: :clap:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:44 pm

Morsecode wrote:I am seriously rethinking my reply from 10 years ago. :(

4000 Posts....Surprising since I usually get myself banned from forums before reaching 2000.

(yes, the Applause light is flashing) :clap: :clap: :clap:

CONGRATS! Join the club!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:46 pm

aaa30040 wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-27/government-plan-would-transform-israel-world%E2%80%99s-first-cashless-society

When I click on the link, it tries to get me to pay to buy a membership. No thanks…
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:53 pm

Yeah. Probably archived 8 or 9 years ago.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Silver4face » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:07 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
aaa30040 wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-27/government-plan-would-transform-israel-world%E2%80%99s-first-cashless-society

When I click on the link, it tries to get me to pay to buy a membership. No thanks…

This happens to me on a semi regular basis. I try to read stuff online and I get plastered with things like "subscription required" I also say NO THANKS.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions