Anyone making money in the diabetes industry?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Anyone making money in the diabetes industry?

Postby Thogey » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 am

Since Americans have decided to become a bunch of fat asses. There is gold in them thar hills!

The majority of people you know will have a rear end 2 axe handles wide and type 2.

Surviving diabetes is a lifelong event that costs a ton of money. And this is the great part...the diabetic rarely has to pay.

My kid's kids will pay. Where do I invest? I want to profit off this national disgrace. We all should. It's here and we can do nothing about it.

Pharma, Wal-mart Scooters, All the fat ass support systems cost money that the current fat asses will not be responsible for . It's free money and I want to know how to pick the low hanging fruit.

Suggestions?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Anyone making money in the diabetes industry?

Postby NHsorter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Open a Pizza Parlor. These fat asses certainly won't be changing their diets as long as they can just take a pill or get a shot! Draw them in with free soda refills.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 pm

I guess it is really stressful to hear your doctor tell you that you are diabetic. Nothing melts that stress away like a big pizza pie! And a banana split for dessert.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Buy a van and provide transportation money to their dialysis clinics. That's where the really BIG money is being made.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:40 am

My dad was diabetic and was never overweight and one of the hardest working men I have ever seen. I do agree with your generalization on the American public and their diet.

Lilly is one of the industry leaders on diabetic medicines.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Verbane » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 am

Take a look at Medical Instrument companies developing dried blood-spot specimen collection for routine testing by mass spectrometry. Routine testing of Cholesterol, A1C(sugar levels), Liver Function, etc... An in home finger prick is replacing the need for full tube blood draws by a phlebotomist out of the home. Companies like: GE LifeSciences, Biocartis, Qiagen and Advance DX
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:15 am

It also looks like fat woman lingerie is making a run.
Who the hell wants to see a fat woman in lingerie? That's why god created darkness and separated it from light.
The fat women in those leotard yoga pants has definitely got to stop. Bring back the moo moo house dress.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby NHsorter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:26 am

You know all the ads you see in your browser are based on your search history. So if fat lady lingerie keep popping up then someone over at your place might have some kind of fetish :lol:

But seriously, yoga pants are the greatest invention in the last 100 years. But it really is awful when they fall into the wrong hands :shock: :sick:
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:37 am

NHsorter wrote:You know all the ads you see in your browser are based on your search history. So if fat lady lingerie keep popping up then someone over at your place might have some kind of fetish :lol:

But seriously, yoga pants are the greatest invention in the last 100 years. But it really is awful when they fall into the wrong hands :shock: :sick:

There are no fat lady clothes advertised on my computer but there is in Wal-Mart and in Southern living magazine (the only magazine we get because someone keeps renewing the subscription).

I don't let Mrs T use my computer. I'm afraid the damp environment in the crawlspace will ruin it. Trust me, if she emerges wearing yoga pants we all have a problem.

Lilly looks like a good investment. They have a drp program through Wells Fargo.
Thogey

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Talk about turning lemons into lemonade. I'd rather focus on how we can stop this public health crisis from getting worse.

Then again, the potential profits are tempting. Maybe someone can offer a diabetes based stock index? Start a new fad: socially irresponsible investing.

Step 1: Get diabetes.

Step 2: ??????

Step 3: Profit!
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Dr. Cadmium wrote:Talk about turning lemons into lemonade. I'd rather focus on how we can stop this public health crisis from getting worse.

Then again, the potential profits are tempting. Maybe someone can offer a diabetes based stock index? Start a new fad: socially irresponsible investing.

Step 1: Get diabetes.

Step 2: ??????

Step 3: Profit!

You could sell "ass fat" offsets
Thogey

Postby silverflake » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:09 pm

How about this: let's invest in the first company who can make an orange look like a cinn-a-bon. The borderline diabetic goes to reach for the perceived gooey cinnamon bun and ends up putting a healthy orange in his mouth.

Or how about the company that designs the first tomato in the shape of a pizza? Feel good and get healthy thinking you are shoving a slice down your gullet.

Not trying to make light of a serious situation but personal choice and some will power will help too.

How about a cell phone that only works if you consume less than 2200 calories a day?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:12 am

silverflake wrote:How about a cell phone that only works if you consume less than 2200 calories a day?

I think that happens already if the fat person is between the phone and the nearest
cell site... (Well, it might if the signal was marginal to begin with... ;) )
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:33 pm

I see signs posted around my city offering to purchase unwanted diabetic test strips. Might be money in that.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions