Police Fail!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Police Fail!

Postby fansubs_ca » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:21 am

I read about this a few days ago. Now it comes out that an alarm did go off, the
alarm company called the police, then the police did nothing! -_-

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/europe/lo ... index.html

Seriously a private response team is needed!
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Police Fail!

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:25 am

fansubs_ca wrote:I read about this a few days ago. Now it comes out that an alarm did go off, the
alarm company called the police, then the police did nothing! -_-

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/europe/lo ... index.html

Seriously a private response team is needed!

funny....here's the bite out of the whole article, quote "Although there was no sign of forced entry to the building, the detective said, "whether that involves inside knowledge will form part of the investigation."

change that to "inside assistance"...i'm sure they had buyers in Antwerp all lined up...the haul went into a lorry, which went onto a ferry to Rotterdam, and to Antwerp, trading capital of stones, at best they get paid 30 cents on the dollar, probably 10 to 15 though.

MAYBE, the owners of the stones were behind this, they get "ripped off", insurance has to "pay" them and in the end, the stones are back in Europe. The guys that REALLY got to sweat are those dunceski's monitoring the security systems, not only will they be sweated HARD...they better pray they didn't use their cell phones imprudently. they might think they got it made, with that pitiful 100,000 pounds they got for their role in this crime.....police will be finding corpses in the days ahead.

one more thought, of all the markets in precious whatevers, excluding art, gems are the worst, because you have to be a top flight expert to know value, its not exactly a liquid broad anonymous market.

why cant people have the wisdom to just behave?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:37 am

Why do I have a sudden desire to watch a movie like Oceans 11?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Why do I have a sudden desire to watch a movie like Oceans 11?

why do you think that is?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions