fireworks fly Peter Schiff warns about economy

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

fireworks fly Peter Schiff warns about economy

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Some like him, some don't. I think it will be a classic.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-2 ... qe-dies-qe
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: fireworks fly Peter Schiff warns about economy

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:06 pm

That was awesome.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mongo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Scott Nations needs a lesson in manners. Did you see his eyes? He was really ticked off and just wanted to rip into Schiff. I dont how the Fed thinks that what theyve done wont have some serious long term effects on our monetary system. Everybody that has ever printed fiat currency the value of that currency has went to ZERO. Dont take my word for it, study it out for yourselves. Fiat currency doesnt work it just prolongs the inevitable.
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:05 am

"We're not going to see another economic collapse..." You heard it on CNBC (Anthony Grisanti) so it must be true.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:11 am

Further, I get can't help but note the many anchor/moderators (this was one) that were in diapers in the 80s, who don't understand the larger market but who appear to think it is really a form of legalized gambling, and who make pronouncements of certainty like they are oracles.

I do think this might be the beginning - the very early edges - of the bubble burst, but if so it'll happen with the bubble going much higher first - and PMs going down for the moment. If so I will not be surprised to see Dow 20,000+ (perhaps even 25,000) before it bursts. And QE 4 in some form (whether recognized or not) is inevitable, but I would bet that if they can find a way to do it under the table (perhaps by funding QE elsewhere in the world) they will.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby agnostic » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:29 pm

Peter Schiff will tell you how he thinks it is come hell or high water.
agnostic

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions