Oct 7, 2014: My prediction of short term PM prices

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Oct 7, 2014: My prediction of short term PM prices

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Long ago, I made a vow to never openly speculate on the price of PM's. (That's it, just a one sentence paragraph)

Today, I am spouting off to the world (ok, just realcent forumites) that I currently hold the conviction that a strong, fast, and sudden rebound to higher gold and silver prices now has a favorable probability of happening, and happening soon. By "soon" I mean by the end of trading of next week (Friday, Oct 17), and by "strong, fast, and sudden" I mean a 10+% move higher in 2 days, and it could be as high as a 20% jump in price in less than 4 days. "Favorable probability" means greater than 50%.

This, to me, mean that dry powder should be at a minimum. A stop loss, with a close tie to recent lows, is prudent but low on the probability of happening; yet, can still occur under situations of unusual strength in the US Dollar .

So, there it is. Free advice from a pro. Perhaps it will hang me, perhaps it will help you.

:angel: :twisted:

:shock:
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: Oct 7, 2014: My prediction of short term PM prices

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Market Harmony wrote:Long ago, I made a vow to never openly speculate on the price of PM's. (That's it, just a one sentence paragraph)

Today, I am spouting off to the world (ok, just realcent forumites) that I currently hold the conviction that a strong, fast, and sudden rebound to higher gold and silver prices now has a favorable probability of happening, and happening soon. By "soon" I mean by the end of trading of next week (Friday, Oct 17), and by "strong, fast, and sudden" I mean a 10+% move higher in 2 days, and it could be as high as a 20% jump in price in less than 4 days. "Favorable probability" means greater than 50%.

This, to me, mean that dry powder should be at a minimum. A stop loss, with a close tie to recent lows, is prudent but low on the probability of happening; yet, can still occur under situations of unusual strength in the US Dollar .

So, there it is. Free advice from a pro. Perhaps it will hang me, perhaps it will help you.

While I do believe that those who push prices wherever they want to will continue to do so... I'd be very happy to see your outlook come true, Mike. :mrgreen: As some point in time (as long as they've established positions they can profit from)
they WILL let it run up. Right now, it seems as if the consensus favors a continuing drop... every one is on that bandwagon... so what better time to blindside the suckers and reverse course? :clap: :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:33 pm

:wave: :shifty: :sick: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :shh: :angel: :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

(that about sums it up)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Rodebaugh wrote::wave: :shifty: :sick: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :shh: :angel: :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

(that about sums it up)

I see you have mixed emotions?
beauanderos

Postby Engineer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:02 am

Last time I sold a house was in August 2008. I was sweating bullets watching the market crash while it was in escrow.

I have another house set to close the end of the month. :?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:55 am

oooh, a teensy masochistic part of me wishes JFF was still here. :o He'd be all "I told you so, I told you so," showing complex graphs
of multi-colored lined diagrams that he wouldn't explain... although...somehow... he had mysteriously failed to anticipate the entire downward
move, all the while predicting a soon-to-be 100 to 400% catapult to higher prices :lol:

Nice move so far. Good call, Mike. Let's hope it keeps up :clap:
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:07 am

beauanderos wrote:oooh, a teensy masochistic part of me wishes JFF was still here. :o He'd be all "I told you so, I told you so," showing complex graphs
of multi-colored lined diagrams that he wouldn't explain... although...somehow... he had mysteriously failed to anticipate the entire downward
move, all the while predicting a soon-to-be 100 to 400% catapult to higher prices :lol:

Quit doing hand stands Ray .....you're reading the chart wrong. We are down for the day, but we have until Oct 17th.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:09 am

I miss many of the people (with and of Character) that used to frequent back in the JFF days. Certainly, it made RC a more colorful place.

I admire those who would risk making predictive calls such as yours Mike. A call I don't take lightly.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:22 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
beauanderos wrote:oooh, a teensy masochistic part of me wishes JFF was still here. :o He'd be all "I told you so, I told you so," showing complex graphs

Quit doing hand stands Ray .....you're reading the chart wrong. We are down for the day, but we have until Oct 17th.

yeah, gold was up $10 and silver up 17 cents when I posted that :sick: :roll:
beauanderos

Postby coppernickel » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:04 pm

I very much feel the same sentiment. Just feels like the bow spring has been pulled taught, and is ready to fly, and it can't stay like that very long.

Read an article about nickel prices and their potential for upward, compared to low silver and it's potential, think it was here. Traded most of my nickels for silver over the past month.

Silver can Limbo, but we are at or very near the low right now.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coppernickel » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Engineer wrote:Last time I sold a house was in August 2008. I was sweating bullets watching the market crash while it was in escrow.

I have another house set to close the end of the month. :?

Now we know who to blame. Doesn't it make you glad to know the entire financial system is working only on you. (Sarcasm if you didn't pick it up. Really do hope it turns out for the best.) :thumbup:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Market Harmony wrote:

One day until we get the rope!
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Get the rope. Make the box. Dig the grave.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Right idea. But predictive timing is an unforgiving bitch, and this is a market in which the big boys are now fighting to the death so the variables are hard to follow and some aren't well known in advance.

For me the stakes are huge and I would rather be wrong on timing, lose out on some short term profit, but be right on concept and hold my assets.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby christostock » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Curious Mike,
Why did you make your prediction?
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby smalltimeopn » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:49 am

68Camaro wrote:
For me the stakes are huge and I would rather be wrong on timing, lose out on some short term profit, but be right on concept and hold my assets.

Hold, hold, hold, hold, and hold some more. It won't be worth zero!!
smalltimeopn
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:55 am

christostock wrote:Curious Mike,

Seemed to me, after years of watching this market and participating, that I might be aware of the beginning stages of moves up or down. Sentiment being one of the most accurate along with regular business activity being a close second... Many people have been coming into the shop capitulating and many others coming in to back up the truck. When my volumes are up, it is typically at peaks and troughs of the market. I was witnessing this recently and attempted to extrapolate high-probability potential moves based on these past experiences... I had the direction correct, just not the magnitude within a certain timeframe.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:45 am

Market Harmony wrote:
christostock wrote:Curious Mike,

Seemed to me, after years of watching this market and participating, that I might be aware of the beginning stages of moves up or down. Sentiment being one of the most accurate along with regular business activity being a close second... Many people have been coming into the shop capitulating and many others coming in to back up the truck. When my volumes are up, it is typically at peaks and troughs of the market. I was witnessing this recently and attempted to extrapolate high-probability potential moves based on these past experiences... I had the direction correct, just not the magnitude within a certain timeframe.

Don't get down on yourself about prediction. It's probably right longer term and could happen any time, but timing might be slightly off. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Even TPTB don't have a crystal ball. They're watching the same things unfold around the globe in "real time" just like we are. They have more sway than we do, but they are not just "effecting change" but are reacting to it as well. They all are seeing the global economic data, ebola, Ukraine, ISIS, IMF, IRAN, N. Korea, South America, Africa, etc, etc, etc and are trying to figure out how to manipulate their circumstances to their own advantage - just like we are. If it were an exact science when it came to predictions, we'd be sitting in an ivory tower having all our needs met by others.

When my friend recently told me he was bummed about his silver being down 40-50% I told him to step back and look at the big picture. I asked him have things gotten better or worse? Have the fundamentals changed? If things start getting structurally better (unlikely) you can sell. But until structural problems get fixed (again unlikely) don't sweat the timing, keep stacking. Silver is on sale NOW... Buy some now and if it goes down more, buy some more...

Just my 3 cents worth (inflation adjusted)!
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions