A letter to Bill Holter

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

A letter to Bill Holter

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 am

Bill,

I belong to a couple of different online forums (Realcent, BullionStackers) upon which I have noticed
sentiment beginning to degrade rapidly. On some of the threads on SilverDoctors there are members
bemoaning all the money they've lost since they were duped into stacking by the gurus, whom they go
on to lambast unmercifully.

However, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Statistical analysis is worthless in a fixed market, one in
which those who push the prices around can just as easily read resistance and support levels, and do what
is necessary to violate those levels with unimaginable ferocity, thereby demoralizing the few remaining
stalwart strong hands during what has been a three year campaign of razing the structures of resistance to
the ground, pillaging the profits of the miners, and looting the wallets and portfolios of those insightful
enough to take meaningful measures to protect their depreciating purchasing power by taking physical
possession of precious metals.

I've been asked by fellow members when I think the manipulation will stop, and to what levels prices might
sink. Along with others, my view is that only the exhaustion of above ground physical supplies of silver and
gold, having been siphoned away by China, et al, will cause the price suppression to stop.

On the one hand, for those who continue to stack, inured to the slings and arrows of manipulation by their
prescience to see beyond the machinations and understand the true worth of the metals... these schemes
provide for an ongoing sale of items that should be multiples higher than they are at present.

On the other hand, who is being harmed by these actions? Certainly, those with short term horizons, who had
been looking for quick paper profits. And also those who perhaps are nearing retirement or have already done so,
having hoped to have supplemented their days of leisure by selling off a bit from time to time to finance expenses.
As well as the miners and their shareholders.

But also... the American public. It costs little, mere billions, to direct spot prices (and thus sentiment) where
they want it to go. What is a few billion when you can just push buttons to create more? It wouldn't surprise me
in the least to learn someday that some of the QE had been diverted from its stated purposes, earmarked instead
to decimate the morale of those who would unseat the almighty dollar.

And how does it cost the public? They are indirectly, certainly unwittingly, abetting the purposes of that circle of
shadowy elite by subsidizing the cost of doing so... via inflation. Either by restoring the bullion banks to health, via
bailouts (or soon to come bail-ins) should they be placed in jeopardy and incurr losses by rigging the games at the
direction of the usual suspects, or simply by Central Banks directly intervening in the markets (as the CME has recently
coaxed them to do)... the end result will be greater inflation, a policy that will be implemented to the extreme... until
it is too late to turn back and hyperinflation ensues.

Regards,
Ray Long

thanks as always for your tireless writing.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: A letter to Bill Holter

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Good letter Ray.

The Atlas Shrugged solution was/is an impractical utopian dream. But her depiction of the decline (60 years before it became more widely obvious) is prophetic. Whether or not the end game happens exactly that way or if other forces intrude, what is clear is that before it all goes down the few who dare to hold to the ideals of the founders will be offered as sacrifice for the many. They (TPTB) are willing to blow up the market to hold on to power and (for some of the inner circle) to amass their own riches.
Last edited by 68Camaro on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:18 pm

his reply:

Thank you Ray, very good on all points and yes, drying up of physical supply will be the trigger...probably silver first. It truly is amazing how sentiment has soured so quickly but it is what it is. This will soon pass. Best regards, Bill
beauanderos

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:04 am

Is he still with GATA (Gold Antitrust Action Committee)?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:35 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Is he still with GATA (Gold Antitrust Action Committee)?

He writes for Miles Franklin now. You can get a daily email subscription for free... I prefer his folksy writing style over the analytical tone of Ranting Andy. :)
beauanderos

Postby theo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Very well written.

While lambasting hard money advocates may be counter productive, I think it is safe to say that the resolve and the resources of the other side have been severely under-estimated. Economics is a social science and as such it is subject to the vagaries of human behavior, most notably fear and greed. But lets not forget ignorance. The institutional theft being perpetrated here is aided in no small way by the woeful lack of understanding of basic economics in this country.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:03 am

What many underestimated (in hindsight, including myself) is the level of the global collaboration by the central governments on money printing. In the past individual countries would inflate their currency against the rest of the world and die a quick death. This time the entire world has started doing it, in a staggered fashion but all are now involved, and many of those executing this truly do not understand why this is bad (yet). They well eventually exhaust all their sources of money flipping before the inevitable need to widely inflate becomes obvious, but once loss of confidence occurs, watch out.

Given the above, I am comfortable that I had no choice but to start protecting myself and my family when I did, as the timing of this failure will be impossible to determine until after the fact and I an convinced that anyone caught out without sufficient protections in place in advance will not be able to recover. Again, I believe we've almost gone over the cliff a couple of times but have been pulled back by the expansion of the global collusion (made possible in large part by the actual threat of global failure).

The bad news is that this is global, so the crash will be fast and severe, the consequences catastrophic with severe long-term (decades long) damage, and the recovery will take longer than I have left to live. And that's the best case. The worst case is ... well, I don't want to see it.

Again, PMs are important but are not sufficient and are arguably far from the most important items to be working on. Shelter, food, water, medical, security come first. If you're not prepared, start. NOW! We've had many threads on this topic. Does it need to be repeated here again?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 am

The good news is... the ferocity of the ongoing vicious suppression schemes will only hasten their demise. Lower prices equals a swifter onset of resource scarcity :thumbup:
beauanderos

Postby Diggin4copper » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:32 pm

68Camaro wrote:What many underestimated (in hindsight, including myself) is the level of the global collaboration by the central governments on money printing. In the past individual countries would inflate their currency against the rest of the world and die a quick death. This time the entire world has started doing it, in a staggered fashion but all are now involved, and many of those executing this truly do not understand why this is bad (yet). They well eventually exhaust all their sources of money flipping before the inevitable need to widely inflate becomes obvious, but once loss of confidence occurs, watch out.

Given the above, I am comfortable that I had no choice but to start protecting myself and my family when I did, as the timing of this failure will be impossible to determine until after the fact and I an convinced that anyone caught out without sufficient protections in place in advance will not be able to recover. Again, I believe we've almost gone over the cliff a couple of times but have been pulled back by the expansion of the global collusion (made possible in large part by the actual threat of global failure).

The bad news is that this is global, so the crash will be fast and severe, the consequences catastrophic with severe long-term (decades long) damage, and the recovery will take longer than I have left to live. And that's the best case. The worst case is ... well, I don't want to see it.

Again, PMs are important but are not sufficient and are arguably far from the most important items to be working on. Shelter, food, water, medical, security come first. If you're not prepared, start. NOW! We've had many threads on this topic. Does it need to be repeated here again?
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Whoops..Pms are important... and so inexpensive right now... thats my problem.. I should not keep stacking, but at these prices the downside is less and less..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:18 am

68Camaro wrote:

I agree. I don't think anybody who has invested in PMs over in the past five years should feel they have to justify their decision. TPTB's success in controlling the markets and manipulating PMs over the past several years was by no means inevitable. I believe that a certain amount of luck was required for TPTB to succeed to this point. Remember how in August of 2011 control was almost lost? I figure the system has been threatened behind of scenes at least twice since then. PMs are insurance against a collapse that could easily have happened in the recent past and will likely occur in the near future.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

I cannot promise the government or the elite will help us (U.S.) or even let us know it is happening but I can promise this. They will take care of themselves, there own and each other first. I feel your best chance at making it to the other end is to start rubbing elbows with the Elite inner circle folks. Barring that a prepared, self sufficient community with you at the inner circle.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions