1932 near and far Nickel

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

1932 near and far Nickel

Postby Nickel and Dime » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:59 pm

I have a question for the experts out there. On the 1932 Canadian nickel supposedly there is a near and far to the rim form, there is also a near and far 2 form, which types are joined together, Near rim and near 2 or far rim and near 2, or far rim and far 2, or near rime and far 2.
Or is there actually a far rim beast.
Nickel and Dime
Nickel and Dime

Re: 1932 near and far Nickel

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 pm

You might change the title of your post to include Canada- that way it will attract more attention from Canadian collectors.

Also, welcome to the site! Please be sure to go to the Member Introductions area and post a little about yourself including what you collect and how you got started in the hobby.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Nickel and Dime » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:37 pm

As my post is on the Canadian Numismatics section i would have thought it was self explanatory
Nickel and Dime
Nickel and Dime

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:50 pm

When you click on View Unread Posts the titles are in bold print and the categories (i.e., Canadian) don't really jump off the page. So you did the right thing by posting in the Canada Numi section. Just thought it might be easier to see (for some) with the word Canada (or Canadian) in the title. No big deal...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Nickel and Dime » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:06 pm

That don't tell me anything, i know there is a far 2 but is it near or far from the rim, a simple question that seems to not want to be answered
Nickel and Dime

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 am

Did you scroll down? There are photos of both varieties.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Canada Numismatics