older canadian Pennies

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

older canadian Pennies

Postby marine70 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:33 am

What are the older Canadian pennies worth? I have quiet a few of them.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Re: older canadian Pennies

Postby Country » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 pm

What are the dates? George V or George VI? Large pennies?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Also, what do you mean by quite a few? If you can't easily count them, perhaps you can weigh them or indicate how many 3 lb. coffee cans they would fill.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby misteroman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:16 pm

Awaiting answers too.
I have about 250 large cents, many George Vs, at least 1000 George VIs, and a couple boxes of BU young queens.
D
misteroman

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:14 am

Another question. You say you have quite a few of the coins. Are you interesting in selling (if the price is right, of course) or are you doing something like creating a statement of your net worth and just trying to figure a fair value for the coins?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby misteroman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:17 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Another question. You say you have quite a few of the coins. Are you interesting in selling (if the price is right, of course) or are you doing something like creating a statement of your net worth and just trying to figure a fair value for the coins?

I'm sure you're kidding about the net worth comment(at least I hope so) but definitely interested in selling them.
Derek
misteroman

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:58 pm

misteroman wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:Another question. You say you have quite a few of the coins. Are you interesting in selling (if the price is right, of course) or are you doing something like creating a statement of your net worth and just trying to figure a fair value for the coins?

I'm sure you're kidding about the net worth comment(at least I hope so) but definitely interested in selling them.
Derek

It depends on how you look at it. When I was in my 20's with a tiny net worth (even a negative net worth at one time), coins were a very big percentage of what I had.

Recyclersteve

Postby mtalbot_ca » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Look at this site: http://www.coinsandcanada.com

Now is not a good time to sell, but if you want, PM me a list of what you have and I will give you an idea and even maybe make you and offer.

Cheers,
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby marine70 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:56 am

Thanks for all the reply's I will figure out what I have and I do have the large cents also will post when I compile the list. Thanks again
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:41 am

You've got to appreciate the interest the membership has in your stack. Looking forward to the posted list.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby marine70 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:54 am

I have approximately 2000 King Edward 1937 thru 1952 pennies.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:07 am

marine70 wrote:I have approximately 2000 King Edward 1937 thru 1952 pennies.

He wasn't king during those years. Or am I totally missing something?

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby marine70 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:52 pm

My mistake King George VI 1937 thru 1952.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Return to Canada Numismatics