The Canadian $8 FV Silver Polar Bear Coin

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

The Canadian $8 FV Silver Polar Bear Coin

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Is anyone besides me irritated at the offerings for the 1.5 oz CDN Polar Bear coins? These rascals have a face value of $8 CDN. They're being touted by Lear Capital (?) on many radio talk shows by a slick weasel citing physical silver shortages at the US Mint, etc.

I'm just getting tired of all these marketing ploys. Of course, however, those look good compared to Canada's recent release of Superman coins. Perhaps upon the demise of the aging Queen Elizabeth, her image on the obverse of the country's coinage will be replaced by the Canadian Tire Man.

Hey, Clark Kent! Got change for an $8 polar?
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: The Canadian $8 FV Silver Polar Bear Coin

Postby Morsecode » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Not irritated, but confused. I wish they would just pick a purity and stick with it for all of their releases.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Canada Numismatics