Good album or folder for Canadian cents?

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Good album or folder for Canadian cents?

Postby scyther » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Preferably large and small, but could be just small. It seems the regular companies for American coins don't have much...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Good album or folder for Canadian cents?

Postby scyther » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks. That one looks pretty good. I wonder if they'll make a new one soon that includes 2012, though. It's kind of annoying to have only one year missing. Not that it matters since there is a slot for it, but still.

Oh, also they don't have different holes for different compositions (zinc/steel).
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:38 pm

scyther wrote:Thanks. That one looks pretty good. I wonder if they'll make a new one soon that includes 2012, though. It's kind of annoying to have only one year missing. Not that it matters since there is a slot for it, but still.

Oh, also they don't have different holes for different compositions (zinc/steel).

On the flip side they have W and WP holes and you will never find them in rolls. Nice thing is with this album you see both sides of the coin and a cover for the album comes with it.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cooyon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 pm

I bought a Canadian cent lot about a month ago at my LCS, part of it was in a "Library of Coins Volume 60" album, covering 1858-to-date. Note: the pre-printed dates and mintages stopped with 1964, and then 28 blank openings, so this album may be 50 years old. I was not familiar with the Library of Coins albums, but inside the back cover it says "The LoC is the only line of coin albums in existence that will contain complete sets of all U.S. coins from 1793 to the present and from Half Cents through Silver Dollars." The copyright is by The Coin and Currency Institute, Inc., book publishers, manufacturers, distributors, New York, NY. This album has five big, heavy double-sided cardboard pages with plastic inserts so you can view both sides of each coin.

You may be able to find these on ebay, I didn't do a search but they be available somewhere, keep in mind these are 50 years old, so good luck. I also got a Library of Coins Volume 61 album, Canada 5 cents 1858-to-date at that time. It has only four pages, again the mintages stop at 1964. These are really cool albums, since they are designed for large and small cents or for both silver and nickel five cents in the same album.

I don't do pictures, so maybe you can see something on the internet to get a better feel for how cool these are. Hope this helps.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Canada Numismatics