Coin Show Announcements

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Re: Coin Show Announcements

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Time Once again for the Spring PAN Coin Show

PAN Spring Show
May 6, 7, 8 2011

Monroeville Convention Center, South Wing
209 Mall Blvd Monroeville PA 15146
Public hours are Fri & Sat 10-6, Sun 10-3
Free Parking - Free Admission
No sales tax on coins and bullion in Pennsylvania
Expected attendence: over 3300; Club Meetings
Over 125 Quality Dealers
Special displays will include an 1804 dollar and 1913 V 5 cent coin.
Also on display will be the finest known toned buffalo nickel set. (SO BRING YOUR TARNEX) :lol:

Folks its going to be a great show. Dad and I will be attending Friday ALL DAY snatching up the good deals.

If you are within 2-3 hours drive of this one you gotta come.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Time Once again for the Spring PAN Coin Show

PAN Spring Show
May 6, 7, 8 2011

Over 125 Quality Dealers
Also on display will be the finest known toned buffalo nickel set. (SO BRING YOUR TARNEX) :lol:

Folks its going to be a great show. Dad and I will be attending Friday ALL DAY snatching up the good deals.

YES! This is going to be a GREAT show!!! Even if you don't want to buy, then this is worth a good walk around to see the awesome stuff on display.

Learn more about the 1804 Dollar here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_silver_dollar
And the 1913 V nickel here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1913_Liberty_Head_nickel

AND YOU CAN SEE THEM UP CLOSE... how many opportunities for this will you actually have?

I will have a table there. I am told that I am along the far left wall... towards the back... you know premium set-up :lol:

Come by and say hi. Please, no throwing of fruit is allowed. :?

NO SALES TAX ON COIN AND BULLION IN PENNSYLVANIA!!!!!
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Market Harmony » Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 am

Market Harmony wrote:

PAN Spring Show
May 6, 7, 8 2011

Over 125 Quality Dealers

YES! This is going to be a GREAT show!!! Even if you don't want to buy, then this is worth a good walk around to see the awesome stuff on display.

Learn more about the 1804 Dollar here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_silver_dollar
And the 1913 V nickel here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1913_Liberty_Head_nickel

AND YOU CAN SEE THEM UP CLOSE... how many opportunities for this will you actually have?

I will have a table there. I am told that I am along the far left wall... towards the back... you know premium set-up :lol:

Come by and say hi. Please, no throwing of fruit is allowed. :?

NO SALES TAX ON COIN AND BULLION IN PENNSYLVANIA!!!!!

DON'T FORGET.... IT'S THIS WEEKEND AND STARTS TOMORROW FOR THOSE INCLINED TO SKIP OUT ON A DAY OF DRILLING TEETH, POURING STEEL, COORDINATING TRUCKS, TEACHING, DRILLING WELLS, OR WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU WANT TO ESCAPE FROM FOR A DAY OF FUN, LEARNING AND PROFITEERING

IF YOU ARE WITHIN 3 HOURS OF PITTSBURGH AND YOU LIKE COINS AND BULLION, THEN THIS IS MUST-ATTEND EVENT
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu May 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Be there first thing in the morning.....and plan on staying until I look at every morgan dollar in the place.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Fri May 06, 2011 6:47 am

WOO-HOO IT'S TODAY TOMORROW AND SUNDAY!!!!!

PAN Spring Show
May 6, 7, 8 2011

Over 125 Quality Dealers

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat May 07, 2011 7:07 am

Good time at the show yesterday. I ran into Market Harmony, Slapshot, and got to meet exbingoaddict. All great guys. I also looked at thousands of morgans while dad eyeballed every walker he could find. Great time if anyone is thinking of attending.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby uthminsta » Sat May 07, 2011 11:36 am

How do the shows reflect the recent silver volatility? Is there a lot being bought and sold, and at what prices?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Market Harmony » Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Good time at the show yesterday. I ran into Market Harmony, Slapshot, and got to meet exbingoaddict. All great guys. I also looked at thousands of morgans while dad eyeballed every walker he could find. Great time if anyone is thinking of attending.

"you looked at thousands of Morgans" eh? :lol:

The show was great. Friday and Saturday were non-stop busy. If it wasn't for the kindness of good people to bring me food and drink, I'd have died behind my table. :? There were some great coins on the floor and I was able to buy quite a few excellent high grade rare date Morgans. And when offered an unexpected rarity, I had to bite.

uthminsta wrote:How do the shows reflect the recent silver volatility? Is there a lot being bought and sold, and at what prices?

Friday was the only day that was open to the public while silver was trading live. Dealers were always updating spot quotes. I was fortunate to be able to buy some scrap and bullion for various customers. The night before, silver was at $33ish and the mood was stubbornness by dealers to sell silver at the spot price. I thought that bullion would be slower than what it turned out to be.

Saturday's stable price made it easier to buy and sell, because everyone knew that spot couldn't drop $5 in 20 minutes. So it was more competitive on price. Overall the activity was brisk. Many dealers did not bring their gold or silver for sale. Or, like me, refused to sell at the current COMEX price. I had silver in the case and when asked about price, I was selling rounds and bars for $46.50 each. And believe it or not, there were still buyers at that price because I was selling better than bullion stuff in the first place and also there was less bullion on the floor, so the supply/demand formula was at work for pricing.

Sunday, Mother's Day, was pretty much dead. Very little activity, but I still sold a few items to make it worth my time.

It was great to see the folks that I did. Thanks for stopping by. :D

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby exbingoaddict » Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Good time at the show yesterday. I ran into Market Harmony, Slapshot, and got to meet exbingoaddict. All great guys. I also looked at thousands of morgans while dad eyeballed every walker he could find. Great time if anyone is thinking of attending.

It was a great show. Aside from Market Harmony trying to rip off Rodebaugh by making change with wooden nickels. I know, I know, it was fun to take advantage of the WV mountaineers before they had the internet. :P
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 am

Market Harmony wrote:

"you looked at thousands of Morgans" eh? :lol:

The show was great. Friday and Saturday were non-stop busy. If it wasn't for the kindness of good people to bring me food and drink, I'd have died behind my table. :? There were some great coins on the floor and I was able to buy quite a few excellent high grade rare date Morgans. And when offered an unexpected rarity, I had to bite.
It was great to see the folks that I did. Thanks for stopping by. :D

Oh yeah....what morgan did MH pick up?
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:45 am

Here's a great link for the ANA show currently going on in Chicago: http://www.worldsfairofmoney.com/

The next ANA show is in Pittsburgh :D I have a table, and can't wait for the excitement.

Anybody going to the Chicago show?

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 am

One week prior to the big ANA show in Pittsburgh is the PRE show:

http://www.sarosicoinshows.com/

THIS WEEKEND!!! NO SALES TAX ON COIN AND BULLION!!!

I have a table there... come and see me. But if you can't make it there, then you NEED to go to the ANA show. It will be big, no HUGE, and you'll see things there that you won't see anywhere else. I also have a table at the ANA show.

See you there!

Mike

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby exbingoaddict » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:14 am

Market Harmony's new store is a must see too! Just a bit outside Pittsburgh, PA. Quality goods at reasonable prices.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby texcollex » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 pm

My family and I enjoyed visiting Market Harmony at the show on our way back to Texas. My kids really enjoyed the show. We picked up a neat Old Ironsides round that we've been looking for from Mike.
texcollex
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beachbum999 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:26 pm

two California shows:

1) http://glencoin.com/coin_show_info.htm

Join us at the
Glendale Coin Club Coin Show
To be held on Sunday, October 23, 2011 in Van Nuys, CA

Admission is only $3 ($2 with ad/web-print) and Juniors (under 18) are FREE!
Coins & Currency bought & sold! Open to the public!
Show opens at 10:00 A.M. and closes at 4:00 P.M.
Twenty-Eight (28) 8-ft Dealer Tables
Gold and Silver Coin R***le
Find out what your coins are worth!
Gold R***le Drawing at 3:00 P.M.
Great food (low prices)!
Free parking!

Van Nuys Masonic Hall
14750 Sherman Way
Van Nuys, CA

2)

OCT 29–30, Long Beach, 129th CSNA Convention and Coin Show, Holiday Inn, 2640 Lakewood Blvd at 405 Freeway. Dealer set-up Friday Oct 28 at 4:30-8pm.
NOTE: This date was changed to October due to a scheduling conflict.

http://www.calcoin.org/shows.html
beachbum999

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

THIS WEEKEND!!!!
Feb 4 & 5

http://southhillscoinclub.org/_wsn/page3.html

Just South of Pittsburgh, PA

Great show! Great dealers! Free prizes! Learn and earn! No Sales Tax on Coin and Bullion!!!

I will have a table there. Come Saturday, as the Super Bowl will surely make Sunday a slow day.

See you there!

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:40 am

PITTSBURGH - SUNDAY, February 12, 2012... TODAY

Who:
Koinz Antique and Collectible Show
(about 30 coin-only dealers)

What:
Monthly coin show

When:
9am -2pm ish

Where:
Castle Shannon Fire Hall
3600 Library Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15234

Convenient to Western PA, Eastern OH, Northern WV and MD.

MAP IT: http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rl ... CBYQnwIwAA

Why:
Fun, profit, education, networking, buying, selling, trading!!!!

NO SALES TAX ON COIN & BULLION IN PA

Come see me at my table. :D

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:47 am

TODAY!!!! TOMORROW!!!! and SUNDAY!!!!
(March 16, 17, 18)

MUST ATTEND:
C.A.M.P. Coin Show just outside of Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.sarosicoinshows.com/

Get there:

Rodebaugh and myself will be holding office next to one another and expect your presence if you are within 2 hours. Come Friday or Saturday... Sunday will most likely be tumbleweeds.

See you there :D

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Going to the bordertown coinshow in ft smith arkansas with some co-workers. will any of you be making the trek?
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby halfhunter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 am

31 March - 1 April 2012 - Fifth Annual Albany Coin & Money Show. Knights of Columbus Hall, 2009 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA. (PH: 229-886-2455). Email: sowegacoins@mchsi.com.
This is a small 2 day show (40 tables), but it has always been a good show for me and it's right here in my hometown of Podunk GA.

27-29 April 2012 - 48th Anniversary Georgia Numismatic Association, Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, Dalton, GA, I-75, Exit 333. (PH: 1-770-639-0190) Email: Chascoins06@yahoo.com.
I love this show and the August BRNA show, also in Dalton. Over 100 Dealers, IIR.

HH
halfhunter
Penny Sorter Member

Postby John Reich » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Went to the GWNS show near Canonsburg, PA today. The show was Sunday only, from 9 am to 3 pm. I was there around noon today--things were starting to slow down when I was there. I did see Mike from Market Harmony at the show. Where there any other RC'ers there? I bought a couple 1967 Canadian silver dollars for $15 each--would have bought more if the dealer would have had more. Also bought several US junk silver dollars. I saw ASE's going for from $35 to $37 each. Junk 90% was going for 23 x. Anyway, it was a good way to spend an hour or so.
John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Coin show in Albany Oregon Saturday May 25

Postby rainsonme » Fri May 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Lynn Cty. Fair & Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd
Albany, Oregon

9am to 5pm Saturday. Rosco says he will be there. I guess I will wonder down.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rainsonme » Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 am

I attended the Albany coin show this saturday. Met Rosco, who guided me to some good buys. I wandered in on the "early-bird" hour, without realizing it. I walked up to a table with another fellow, about the same time. He engaged the vendor first, asking about Morgans. The vendor sold him 3 tubes of high quality Morgans for $19 @. I said I would buy any that were left, but of course, none were left. I did not see the dates, but the quality was excellent.

In general, silver was selling at 22x face. Some a little under, some a little over. Nice show. Nice Saturday morning.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 am

Is anyone aware of any shows in Oklahoma or North Texas? Where would be the best place for me to find this information well in advance of the shows if there are any around me?
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 am

THIS WEEKEND... Sept 7, 8, and 9
CAMP show near Pittsburgh, PA

This link tells it all: http://www.sarosicoinshows.com/

Come see me at my table :D

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to USA Numismatics