Shameless ads

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Shameless ads

Postby coindood » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Image Image

Received in a packet of Publisher's Clearing House promotions. Words can scarcely express my rage at this kind of rank profiteering, caveat emptor notwithstanding.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Shameless ads

Postby Morsecode » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Sadly, it's usually seniors who fall for these gougers. :thumbdown:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:38 am

What do they mean by saying "No 2 bags are alike!"? At approximately 9-10 times true value of the coins, their bags of wheats AND V-Nickels are ALL alike- a true ripoff! I'd love to see one of these with fine print that says: "You have a 60-day return privilege less shipping charges in case someone laughs at you for wasting your hard-earned money on this garbage." :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby plus1hdcp » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:57 pm

I have to tell my dad, seems like every time he receives a mailer, that I can get him a better and fair price right here on Realcent
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:34 am

coindood wrote:Image Image

Received in a packet of Publisher's Clearing House promotions. Words can scarcely express my rage at this kind of rank profiteering, caveat emptor notwithstanding.

I love how the V-Nickel ad says MSRP, which stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Well, the only manufacturer was the U.S. Mint and they stopped making these over 100 years ago. Caveat emptor indeed!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby silverstacker » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:41 am

Wow this is a shame. I recently subscribed the Numismatic News and have noticed some of these ads in the paper magazine. Your right that the elderly and naive are the ones falling for this and I'm sure they stand by the "buyer beware" term.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coindood » Wed May 13, 2015 3:43 pm

The latest PCH mailer arrived today and these two new scam ads appeared along with the two originals in my first post. Sadly, that means they've been effective. :thumbdown:

Image Image
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:12 am

Four payments of $2.99 each. If I'm so broke that I have to finance something that costs only $12, then, wow, I'm in bad shape.

Recyclersteve

Postby AGgressive Metal » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:38 pm

$20 for a G4 Barber Dime - wow - sign me up for a full roll :P
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal