Any market for circulated Ike dollars?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Any market for circulated Ike dollars?

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:53 am

Does anyone know anyplace where these can be sold and the price you get won't be an insult after you pay the shipping? Haven't seen much worth considering on eBay. I'm talking about average circulated coins, not Uncs.
Last edited by Recyclersteve on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Any market for circulated Ike dollars?

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:29 am

Not that I have found. The most I have ever gotten is $1025 after shipping. That source has dried up now.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:45 am

I thought I saw someone selling 100 coin lots for $132 shipped on feebay.

Here's a link from today...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... s&_sacat=0

250 coins going for $325....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250-Eisenhower- ... 5d4f46b0ef
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:47 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:I thought I saw someone selling 100 coin lots for $132 shipped on feebay.

Here's a link from today...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... s&_sacat=0

250 coins going for $325....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250-Eisenhower- ... 5d4f46b0ef

That lot where the bid is currently $325 seems like a bit of an aberration. I know they are average circ coins, but the photo makes them appear much nicer. Maybe that's why the price is so high.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby JadeDragon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Might try Craigslist or Kijiji or whatever your local free classified site is. Local sale, uneducated buyers and all.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Nate has bought some here in the past.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:44 am

Disregard- I sold them locally.

Recyclersteve

Return to USA Numismatics