anyone here have a complete set of morgans?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

anyone here have a complete set of morgans?

Postby misteroman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Was looking at maybe buying one next year minus the 95. seems to be alot cheaper then buying separately.
Thoughts?
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: anyone here have a complete set of morgans?

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 pm

What kind of set are you looking to buy?....... Raw, graded, original coins, cleaned/altered, and the such?

Morgans are tough…….period. A nice circ set should run close to 10K range. An Unc TPG set and the sky is the limit on cost.

I will offer this bit of advice……define what you want and what you have/care to spend and see if these match up and go from there.

Edited to add: My "funds to spend" and wants are pretty off base.............partly because I have a nasty bullion habit that I can't kick.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Ethon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am

A few more questions to help us offer advice is are you looking to buy; One of each date, One of each date and mint mark, or One of each Date mint mark and variety.
My dad and i are working on getting One of each date and mint mark all Ms 65 PCGS or NGC graded, this probably will never happen unless we win the lotto because its supposed to cost around 2,851,342 dollars, but its fun to try.

The PCGS price guide might also help at the very top it shows complete set price so you could look at that
http://www.pcgs.com/PRICES/PriceGuideDe ... gan+Dollar
Last edited by Ethon on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethon
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:46 am

Ethon wrote:A few more questions to help us offer advice is are you looking to buy; One of each date, One of each date and mint mark, or One of each Date mint mark and variety.
My dad and i are working on getting One of each date and mint mark all Ms 65 PCGS or NGC graded, this probably will never happen unless we win the lotto because its supposed to cost around 2,851,342 dollars, but its fun to try.

The PCGS price guide might also help at the very top it shows complete set price so you could look at that then subtract the 95 from it
http://www.pcgs.com/PRICES/PriceGuideDe ... gan+Dollar

Boy Ethon, you are really setting your sights high!!!! Good luck with putting together that set.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to USA Numismatics