2dollar bills

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

2dollar bills

Postby daviscfad » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:22 pm

So i was at a concert tonight and you had to exchange cash for tickets to buy drinks food ect. So i hand the lady 3 2 dollar bills to get 5 dollars in tickets. She looks at them for a min then i ask what's the problem give me a 1dollar bill and some tickets and everything will be good. She ask the girl beside her something then hands them back to me and refuses to take them. I don't understand what the big deal was. She was old enough to know what they were. Anyway just thought i would let you guys no about it and it was the first time i have been refused with cash
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Re: 2dollar bills

Postby fasteddy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:26 am

hey dude...my wife likes 2 buck bills....i will pay .9 FV for those shipped. Getting in before Slickeast... ;)
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 am

I'll pay face PLUS shipping if I can pay with $3 bills.

I wonder why they refused to take them?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 am

Older thread for spending odd notes and coin with more funny stories can be found here http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=992&hilit=+paying
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby daviscfad » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:46 pm

[quote="slickeast"]I'll pay face PLUS shipping if I can pay with $3 bills.

I wonder why they refused to take them?[/quote]

I dont have no idea. I thought it was the weirdest thing. Can you see someone trying to buy something with the ATB 5 oz coins
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby moboman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I was at a concert last monday. I was sitting in the front row center right behind the pit and the guy a couple seats over threw a handful of $2 bills in the air into the pit.
It was fun to watch the people scramble for them then look at them like what are these. They knew they were money but I guess most hadnt seen a $2 bill before.
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia
moboman
Post Hoarder

Postby moneydog » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:48 pm

daviscfad wrote:So i was at a concert tonight and you had to exchange cash for tickets to buy drinks food ect. So i hand the lady 3 2 dollar bills to get 5 dollars in tickets. She looks at them for a min then i ask what's the problem give me a 1dollar bill and some tickets and everything will be good. She ask the girl beside her something then hands them back to me and refuses to take them. I don't understand what the big deal was. She was old enough to know what they were. Anyway just thought i would let you guys no about it and it was the first time i have been refused with cash

i get that when i try pres golden dollars they think there chucky cheese coin some places i go :lol:
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc