Low Number Serial Note

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Low Number Serial Note

Postby silverflake » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:15 am

Bought a pizza last night and went I got home I checked my change. Coins first, (3 copper Lincolns) then my three dollar bills. Upon looking at the paper currency, I found this low serial number dollar bill. It is crisp and would have been considered uncirculated if I hadn't jammed it into my pocket at the pizza joint. Anyhow I have never seen a number this low and I looked up comp sales on ebay. I had a tough time finding similar bills but ended up finding three close $1 bills going back to November and final sales were $75-$150???!!! Those numbers seem high but is there anyone here with experience or added knowledge on this type of bill?

Thanks guys. Hopefully pic comes through OK. I don't generally post a lot of pics.
Attachments
dollar.png
dollar.png (468.9 KiB) Viewed 295 times
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Low Number Serial Note

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:54 am

Awesome low serial number note! I have a pocket planner (about the size of a checkbook) that I put all of the FRNs that I get in change into so that they stay nice and flat until I get home and have a chance to check them. Last night I had a real nice star note that I got in change and hadnt noticed at the store.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:46 pm

One thing you might consider- look for a home with an address like 244 Main St. and ask the homeowner if they’d be interested in getting it to have it framed.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverflake » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:21 am

Found a pretty interesting web site here. Plug in your currency serial number and the site ranks it on it's "coolness" level.

https://www.mycurrencycollection.com/re ... er-checker
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby theshoenlebens » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:13 pm

Nice!!!
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:13 am

Just an update, sold this low number note on ebay for $34! Woo Hoo!

Keep your eyes open out there friends. There's obviously a market.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:38 am

Someone who plays Liar's Poker can make that $34 back quickly.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 pm

silverflake wrote:Found a pretty interesting web site here. Plug in your currency serial number and the site ranks it on it's "coolness" level.

https://www.mycurrencycollection.com/re ... er-checker

This is a great link! Thanks for sharing! I will now start checking bills
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc