Paper or Plastic (Currency, That Is)

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Paper or Plastic (Currency, That Is)

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Compare the currency of the US and Canada. The US uses its specific blend paper fibers and Canada uses a Polymer (I believe) plastic formulation. Which is better for the non-transmittal of any communicable disease from the common cold to the Coronavirus.

If one is deemed to be much better than the other, no doubt the loser will be pressured by the populous to make the switch immediately, if not sooner.

This is just the beginning of comparisons from city to city, state to state, and so on. For the astute investor it seems there'll be a cornucopia of opportunities if the politicians can get their act together. Otherwise, they're doomed to relive the past (which happens to be OUR today.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Paper or Plastic (Currency, That Is)

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:55 pm

I think the virus lives longer on plastic than paper from what I have heard.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc