Sales Tax Tokens ALABAMA

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Sales Tax Tokens ALABAMA

Postby hobo finds » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:07 pm

In cleaning up around the house I found the bag of sales tax tokens my grandfather gave me. Anyone here collect these?
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Sales Tax Tokens ALABAMA

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:38 pm

If its the brass 5 mills with the star they are pretty common, worth a shot putting in the BIN section

Edit: also maybe worth selling on ebay or etsy as there are people who make cufflinks/charms out of these and may like the opportunity of buying multiples
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby doug444 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:32 pm

I collect sales tax tokens and have about 30 different, ranging from metal to plastic to fiber. Ohio was the only state to have several long series of sales tax stamps (paper). Considering design, paper color, watermarks (4 positions), denominations, printers, and perforations, there are over 10,000 varieties.

=====================

While I'm here, as I don't see anywhere to ask questions about using the website, is there any way to arrange all new posts, regardless of thread, in strict chronological order, latest at the top? And can you post images out of your own computer's "My Pictures," or does every image require a URL? I like to add some kind of relevant image to every post.
doug444

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:29 pm

doug444, at the upper left of the index page click on "view unread posts" all posts that you have not viewed will come up with the newest at top. It took me about 4 years on this site before I found out about this. Whenever I have time or the forum is slow I go back and read old posts. I am back to 2013 now.

tt
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc